Chapter 25

Later that night, Julian and I were on the way to Nina's place along with Andrea and her boyfriend since he really wanted me to get to know them as much he does. The only thing that I was told was to bring swim trunks and a change of comfy clothes so I had no idea what was going to happen tonight since it was way too cold to swim outside at this time of the year. I was currently sitting in Julian's car, which was a very expensive looking BMW that made me completely jealous of my boyfriend that owned it.

"Thank you for what you did with Derek today, you have no idea how much you truly helped all of us," Julian tells me in a sincere voice, reaching over to set his hand on my thigh while the other hand stays on the steering wheel while he drove. I knew that Jonah was relieved that he didn't have to drive us tonight since he actually asked my sister out on an official date and I could only imagine how nerve-wracking that would've been to take us and then have to drive all the way back to pick Ivy up for their date.

"He seems like a good kid, but I promised him that I wouldn't tell you anything of what we talked about, so sorry, but can't discuss it," I tell him, giving him a light shrug of the shoulders, not that he could see me in the dark car.

"Oh, really? So we're just going to start keeping secrets, huh?" He jokes.

I chuckle, reaching down to grab his hand that was still pressed on my thigh as he speeds past cars on the highway. "It's not my secret to tell, so yeah, we're gonna keep a few things to ourselves."

He chuckles before sitting back in his seat, taking the next exit, speeding on the ramp as I tightly grip the seat that I was currently sitting on and I mentally make a note to tell Jonah that he's definitely the better driver of the two because I've never felt like I was going to die while riding with him. When my boyfriend sees my fear, he chuckles again, tightening his grip on my hand. "You alright?"

"You're a sucky driver," I point out to him.

"Now, that's rude," he says as he stops at a red light while I looked around, realizing we were in the part of the city where all the rich people lived, which made sense since Nina was definitely rich. You could tell whenever you saw her, but the good thing was that she was nice about her wealth, not throwing it in your face in everything she talks about.

"Is there anything I should know before we get there?" I ask him.

"Um, well, Nina's fiance is Colton and he's a film editor. He's worked on some pretty big movies and that's how they met. Nina went to one of the premieres of one of the movies he worked on and they met there. They kinda hated each other at first because he thought she was just a bitch, which she can be, but then he actually got to know her and now, three years later, they're about to get married," he says and I can tell how happy he was for his friend, which made me smile because he really did have a lot of love for everybody.

"Aw, that's sweet," I tell him, except for the whole bitch part.

"And Andrea is dating Matthias, who is a general surgeon. They met when Andrea's mom had her gallbladder taken out. They met at the cafeteria that he works at and then she found out that he was the surgeon for her mom and it kinda went from there. They've only been together for like six months, but she seems happy," he tells me and I'm brought back to the conversation that I had with her at the event.

"You should hang out with her more," I blurt out, making him look at me with a confused look.

"What're you talking about?" He asks, pulling up to a gated community as he pulls out his wallet from his pocket to grab a card before swiping it on this little box that opened the gate. He drove through, glancing over at me to hear what I was going to say about Andrea.