Chapter 27

After everything happened with Home Our Community, I just went to my mom's house and relaxed the rest of the day. I felt a little guilty because I know that Julian was working hard all day, but there was nothing I could do to help him with that. My mom and Ivy showed up after a few hours of me being at the house and we just ended up talking for a while before putting on a movie. I know that Ivy was a little sad that Julian was taking me back to my apartment tonight since we've been spending so much time here, but I knew we would come back tomorrow so I wasn't too worried. 

She had spent the day with Jonah, doing some last minute Christmas shopping. I know they were texting constantly by the way she kept giggling to her phone and was typing away on it. I was happy for her because I knew that he was making her happy and I know that she would probably learn some things from him. I was still cautious about letting them be alone together, just like Mom was, but she was almost an adult, so I wasn't too worried. We all know I was doing much worse stuff when I was a teenager.

Mom paused the movie when we heard the front door creak open along with mumbling of words that we couldn't understand. The two girls gave me a confused look and I let out a sigh before pushing myself out of my seat. I walked out of the living room before going towards the front door since that's where we heard the noise. Once I see my beautiful boyfriend standing by the door, I let out a relieved sigh before making my way towards him. He had his phone up to his ear, but when he sees me, a huge smile graces his lips before he pulled me into a hug.

"No, just reschedule the meeting for after Christmas... tell him that I told you to do it... just have fun with your family, Jonah... alright, keep me updated," Julian says before hanging up his phone and stuffing it into his pocket. He leans down to place a soft kiss to my lips, his hands resting firmly against my waist. I try to deepen the kiss by wrapping my arms around his neck, but then I realize where we were, so I pull away to look at his face.

"Hi," I whisper to him, running my thumb over his cheekbone. 

"Hi, beautiful boy," he whispers before giving me one more peck on the lips. I notice that his face turns serious as he runs his hand through my hair to smooth it back since it probably looked crazy right now. "I'm really sorry for what happened this afternoon. I shouldn't have treated you that way and I'm sorry."

I smile at him, continuing to slowly run my thumb along his skin. "Don't worry about it. We were both stressed and we both made mistakes. It's okay."

He smiles before ushering me into the living room where we could hear my mom and Ivy talking. When we walk in, Mom looks up at us with caution before smiling when she sees who was here. "Hi, Julian. How was work?"

He lets out a sigh before pulling me down into the chair with him. I was partially in his lap and partially taking space on the chair, but I didn't care as I started to play with his watch that was wrapped around his wrist. "Stressful, but I had Jonah move all my meetings and appointments until after Christmas so I could have just a few days of relaxing."

"Really?" I ask because I had expected him to work on Christmas Eve since I didn't think he would take time off except for the actual holiday. He looks at me to give me a smile before nodding his head. 

"I'm all yours tomorrow," he tells me before twisting his wrist, so instead of me playing with his watch, I was holding his hand. I could feel the stares of my mother and sister, but I didn't care because I was now so excited for what tomorrow was going to bring. I knew we would come back here eventually since Mom had some stuff planned, but for right now, I was just happy to get some much needed alone time with my boyfriend.

"We're getting presents, right?" Ivy asks, ruining our moment. When I look at her, I see her face with a huge smile as she looks at Julian. I grab the pillow from behind me before throwing it at her with a chuckle. She quickly grabs it before looking at me in disbelief. "What?"