Chapter 14

"Bye, Mrs. O'Brien and Mr. Brigg!" one of the kids says with so much enthusiasm that it makes the both of us smile. We watch as he runs over to his parents that were standing in the doorway before we wave to them before they start to leave to go home or whatever they were planning to do with the rest of their day. Once all the kids were gone, Mia and I sit down at our desks with big sighs from exhaustion.

"It was actually a pretty good day," she tells me, referring to the lack of tantrums and the amount of stuff we actually got done today.

"Yeah, you're right," I tell her, looking around the room to see that it wasn't too dirty. There were some loose pieces of paper along with a few crayons on the ground, but nothing that would stress me out. I look up at Mia to see her giving me a concerned expression, trying to figure me out or something.

"What's going on? You've seemed out of it all day," she tells me, walking over to my desk to lean against it as she crosses her arms. I sit back in my chair, letting out a sigh as I start to realize that all day, all I had been thinking about was how worried I was for the night. I was still committed to staying the night at his house since I really did miss him and I do think I'm ready to take out relationship to the next level. I liked Julian and I really did trust him to not do something that I didn't want him too and I wanted to show him that.

"I might be spending the night at Julian's," I tell her, biting my lip. It takes her a second for my words to make an impact with her, but once they do, her eyes widen to be as big as a saucer and she stands up and towers over me with shock prevalent on her face.

"Holy shit, what? Are you two gonna..." she trails off to not say the actual words in case I freak out like I did last time we talked about this.

"I don't know. I think I'm ready for it, but at the same time, I want to because have you seen him? Have you seen how beautiful he is? How could I not want that?" I say with a chuckle as she shakes her head with a small giggle. She holds up a finger to me to tell me to wait before getting up and rushing over to her desk to search through her purse. I see her grab something before she hides it behind her back as she walks back over to me.

"Just to be safe," she tells me before handing me a condom. I reach out to grab it, looking down at the bright blue foil that has a man wearing an armored hat on his head and I instantly get nervous.

I let out a shaky chuckle, running a hand through my hair. "You just have this in your purse?"

"Hey, you never know when you'll be in the mood," she tells me with a shrug as she sits on my desk again while I throw the condom into my bag, trying to forget all about it. I look up at Mia to see her searching my face for any doubt or concern, but when she doesn't see any, she opens her mouth to say something. Before she can get anything out, my phone vibrates against and I pick it up to see whatever the notification was.

Are you at the school? Julian texts me, confusing me because we were in the middle of a conversation about the event we were going to, so this was completely random. I quickly text him back and tell him yes before I look up at Mia to let her proceed to tell me whatever she was thinking.

"Do you think you're ready?" She asks with worry.

"I think I am. I mean, it's normal that I'm extremely nervous because this is totally different than anything I have ever done. Obviously, me having sex with a woman is going to be worlds different than having sex with a man, so I'm prepared for that. I just feel crazy because I don't even know how this is going to go or how it'll feel or how to even go about it. I'm-"

"Hey, just let things happen," she interrupts me, reaching out to place a soothing hand on my shoulder. "don't overthink this whole thing because it'll eventually scare you so much that you won't do it. Just focus on trying to have fun tonight and being with him. You got this, Mila, so let it all come naturally."