Chapter 9

Mia and I walk into my apartment after a long day of dealing with the crazy kids in our class. We had worked on lots of stuff and by the end of the day, they seemed pretty restless, but we were able to get through the day without a tantrum, which is always a success. Mia sits down on my couch, letting out a long sigh as I set my bag on the ground.

"So do you even know what you're doing with him tonight?" She asks, talking about my date with Julian that we had planned tonight. She had been asking about it all day because she was so curious about everything that had to do with him, not that I blamed her. He seems to be a pretty mysterious man and I think we were all curious into knowing more about him. He was supposedly going to pick me up at seven and then we were going to do something that he refused to tell me about.

"No clue," I tell her, crashing down on the couch next to her. My eyes open when I hear panting along with tiny feet running on my carpet. I'm suddenly attacked by a wet tongue on my face as Bailey jumps on my lap with a small bark.

"I thought a dog walker comes by to take him out?" Mia asks as she lets out a giggle when Bailey moves over and plops down on her lap as he pants, getting his nasty breath all in her face. She giggles again, moving her head to the side as she tries to calm him down.

"Oh, yeah, Lola does, but she went home for Thanksgiving and isn't coming back until Thursday. I've been taking him out in the morning and hoping for the best," I tell her with a chuckle.

"Well, we have three hours to make you look presentable, but that could take days, so we better get started," she jokes and I fake a gasp, placing my hand on my chest.

"How dare you?" I joke, making her laugh as she stands up and wipes off her pants of the dog hair that had clung to her clothing. I follow her into my bedroom, sitting on my bed while she searches through my closet for something presentable for my date.

I watch as she pulls out some of my sweaters before shaking her head and hanging them back up. She lets out a sigh, dropping to her knees to look through my pants that were placed neatly on my shelves. She searches for a few minutes before picking a pair of light jeans with a few rips in them and then throws them to me. "Go shower and then put those on."

I let out a sigh, making my way to my bathroom to the shower. I wash my hair and body as quickly as I can before stepping out, wrapping my blue robe around my body as I use my towel to frantically dry my hair. I step out of the bathroom, going back to the bedroom where Mia is still searching for a shirt in my large closet. "You're still looking?"

"Of course I am. You have the style of a grandpa," she tells me, holding up my dark green cardigan that had shoulder and elbow pads along with a small pocket that would only fit some glasses. I chuckle, walking over to grab the sweater from her and stuffing it in one of my drawers as she giggles. I put the pants on along with some skin tight briefs before walking back over to Mia, who is still searching through the buckets that were in my floor that held clothes that I've never worn.

I grab my favorite article of clothing, which is a light gray thick knit sweater. When she sees it, she shakes her head, making me sigh and putting it back in the closet. I search through before grabbing another sweater and holding it out to her. "This one?"

She chuckles, shaking her head. "No sweaters or cardigans. You need to not look like a teacher for once, dude. This is your first date with Julian Caldwell, who probably shops at Burberry or Hermès, something like that."

I give her a confused look. "Are you speaking English?"

She chuckles, putting her head in her hands. "You really need to get our more, man. It's like you live in a bubble of work and home and that's something that we definitely need to change."