Epilogue

"Thank you so much for coming, it means a lot to me," I tell the woman standing in front of me, shaking her hand before walking back into the huge house where our fundraiser for the newest Home Our Community house in Seattle was being held. This was the first house that I was helping open up ever since my official job title had been announced. It's been almost a year ever since Julian and I decided that I would join the staff of his non-profit – our non-profit.

He had wanted to keep it a secret that I would be helping run the organization until he knew that I was 100% ready to face the public. We spent about six months of him just teaching me everything about the non-profit and figuring out how we were going to make it work and so far, it's been going great. We made an announcement to all of our investors and all of the volunteers along with the kids that I was going to become a full-time member of Home Our Community. My job title was technically the Member Services Representative while Julian was the Executive Director.

He still was technically my boss, which I had no problem with, but he made sure that it was known to everyone that this was a partnership and whatever was going on was supposed to be run through him and me. He was pretty adamant on making me know that I was in just as big of a role in this as he was. Everything went pretty well with telling everyone that we had created this partnership together and we even gained a few sponsors and investors when they learned that two men in a relationship were running an LGBTQ+ organization. People really liked that because I guess it made it seem even more real.

The kids were ecstatic when they learned that they would be seeing more of me since I had come to be pretty close with them all. I even went around to all of our 13 homes in the country and met each kid individually since having a relationship with each of them meant a lot to me. All of the kids involved in our organization had been through hell and I wanted them to know that there were people there on their side that were trying to make it better for them. I know that I was closest to the two houses that were in our city since I lived there, but all the kids and volunteers from every house had my phone number and email and they were able to contact me whenever they needed.

After the six months of Julian teaching me everything I needed to know about Home Our Community, I realized that him paying for my rent each month wasn't the best since I barely even went to my apartment anymore. Trust me, I loved my apartment more than anything, but I was basically already living with Julian along with Bailey. We turned the formal living room in his house into my office and basically decorated it to resemble my apartment in a way since we used the same stuff. I know Bailey loves the house since there's a huge front yard along with a big backyard that has fencing, so he was able to go out by himself.

I had forced Julian to put away the pictures of him and his old Stigma founders and the picture of him and his parents because it was just hurting him whenever he looked at them. He needed to move on and just being constantly reminded of all those things by pictures lying around wasn't helping in the slightest. I know it had helped him a ton since he now actually went into the formal living room, also known as my office. It was good that he was able to actually be free in his own home without any pictures reminding him of his past.

Now that I was living with Julian, Jonah had moved out since he felt kinda awkward being the third wheel all the time, even though we didn't try to make him feel that way. He had gotten an apartment close to Julian's offices (which now had more than one floor dedicated to Home Our Community, thanks to me) and was now living there in privacy. He was now dating my sister, who was a senior in high school and ready to go off to college and start majoring in business since she was influenced by Julian and me.

My mom was now dating a man of a few months, who's an architect and a little younger than her, but that was okay since he was actually a super great guy. I've met Theo a bunch and he even had lunch with me just to ask my opinion on the two of them moving in together. He was super respectful of Ivy and I and I couldn't see him overstepping in any way.