Chapter Three: The one you trust

You packed up your things and set out to China town. That is where Eddie Brock would be, and that is when you ask for his help. You put the normal stuff in your bookbag, a knife, pepper spray, and a map. Even though you had a phone, your dad might get a notification that your phone left the building. You turned your phone off and set it on your bed, not really needing it anyway. Your dad would be able to track you and besides, it wouldn't tell you where Eddie would be. You looked out of your room, looking both ways before rolling out of the room and into the hallway. You tiptoed across the floor and took the elevator down, once it stopped, you saw one guard. (Dangit! I thought dad fired this guy!) The guard whistled and twirled his gun around. (What a pain...) You cursed under your breath and crept over into the shadows, appearing to be home free. Sadly, the guard glanced over at you and came over to take a closer look. "(Y/n)? Is that you?" He asked you. You emerged out of the shadows, seeming as there was no reason to hide. "Ugh...yeah..." You hesitated. "Why are you out here?" You clapped your hands together and held your breath. "Oh, right! The reason why I'm out here is...ugh...because I ugh..." You quickly shook your head and glared at him. "Are you kidding me!?" You screamed, making him alert. He held his hands up and stepped back, shaking. "Ahhh! Wh-what!?" You put your hands on your hips and tapped your foot irritated. "Didn't my daddy tell you that I was going out tonight!?" You scolded him, acting like a pampered priss. You groaned inside your head, hating that you had to put on this little act to get out of here. The guard was very perplexed, he didn't know whether to believe you or not. "What!? I-I was never told that!" He yelled. You turned away from him, pouting and crossing your arms. "Then I'll have to tell my daddy to fire you, now won't I? Because you can't do your job properly!" The guard gulped and rubbed his neck as his skin turned pale. He held his head down and sighed, giving into you. "Ok, ok, you can go. J-just don't tell Mr. Drake!" He begged you. "Hmph! I'll consider it!" You stormed past him and sighed in relief. (No way in heck am I doing that again...) You snuck out of the Life Foundations and ran all the way to China town. It was a long run, but you knew you needed to stop your dad, even if it meant you died. After a long walk through the forest and through what seemed like an endless road, you finally saw all the Chinese writing and lights. You took a break and you held onto the wall to catch your breath. "God..." You held yourself up and inhaled. "I need to run more." You said, walking through the town. All the lights were so pretty and bright, not to mention you could read Chinese. Some of the signs said Chinese food or even Chinese store. It was nice to have a change of scenery aside from your room, the lab, and the Life Foundation's building. Some people were selling meat, some were selling clothing, it was anything you could dream of and it was here. You looked at your map, spreading it out to read it. You quickly noticed that this was a world map, not a China town map. You sighed and crumped up the map, tossing it over your head. (Well, it's not like that thing could have told me where to find Eddie anyway...) You continued to walk and you held your bag closely, you didn't know what kind of shady people were out here, you didn't come out here often. You bumped into someone and you turned around. "Oh, sorry about that!" You apologized, but the man kept walking, like you didn't exist. (Hmph! I guess people out here are not as nice as the people I see at the Life Foundations...huh?) You tilted your head and gave the man a closer observation. (He looks familiar...) The spiked hair and unshaved face, and the sense of sadness, it was Eddie Brock. "Woah! W-wait!" You called out to him. You ran after him and followed him inside a store. You pushed the door open and hit a bell on your way in. You quickly ducked behind a row of food cans, not wanting to be spotted, and you spied on him. He was looking for some food and medicine, which he got and walked to the front counter. His eyes were black and sagging, like he hadn't slept in forever. (Hmm...I guess after trying to expose my dad, Eddie got fired. I can only imagine the type of pain he is dealing with right now.) You slid over to the row of candy, to try and see him, but he wasn't there. You scratched your head, confused, and thought for a minute. (But...the register is right there...where did he...?) "Why are you following me?" A gruff voice behind you asked. You screamed and spun around, holding your fists up. "Woah, woah, easy there fast and furious, I don't want to fight you." Eddie said, looking very tired. "You look nice." You lied, scanning over his physical appearance. "What do you want?" He asked, not even trying to make small chat. You stood straight up and nodded. "Right! Eddie, what you said six months ago about my father, you were right." You said, trying to sound alarmed for his sake. "I know I was." He pushed past you and you growled. Eddie walked out of the store doors and you ran after him. "Hey!" You looked both ways and saw Eddie on your right. You growled and ran in front of him and he frowned, stopping. "Look, I need your help! I can't stop him on my own!" You yelled. "Why would I want to stop him!? He ruined my life, I lost my home, my girlfriend, my job, everything! I want nothing to do with Carlton!" He growled through his teeth. He pushed past you and you growled, running after him. "I can't believe you don't want to help people!" You screamed. Eddie ignored you and continued to walk away. You reached out to Eddie but missed and fell on your face. You growled and looked up, seeing Eddie walking away. "Dang D word!" You jumped up and zipped in front of him, cutting him off from getting past you. "Listen here, I did not put on a pampered priss act just so I could have you reject me! I need your help, he will kill thousands more if you don't!" He ignored you and you barred your teeth. Your anger boiled in your throat, and all at once, it came out in a loud scream. "Why won't you listen to me!?" Eddie narrowed his eyes at you and got in your face. "Why should I believe you anyway?" Eddie challenged, pushing his finger into your chest. You smacked his hand away and snarled. "How the hell should I know!? You know I'm his daughter-" "-Then tell him to stop." Eddie was about to push past you, but you caught his right arm and held it firm. Eddie tried to pull his arm free, but your grip was to tight. "God damn, you're one strong kid!" Eddie grumbled, now trying to pull his arm free with his left arm. "Please, listen to me. My father is somehow getting human test subjects in there and they are dying! I need your help, please Eddie!" You let Eddie's arms go and he growled. "Get lost, I don't want to get involved!" Eddie pushed past you and you made a fist. "Eddie!" He stopped, for some unknown reason, and turned around to you. You walked up to him and slapped something down in his hand. "In case you have a change of heart." You spat, turning your back to him. You ran away from him, until stopping and looking back. "You don't realize how much I need you Eddie..." You looked forward and shot off into the night. Eddie looked down at the piece of paper in his hand. "Her phone number?" Eddie watched you become a little tiny dot in the distance and he shoved the paper in his pocket. "Damn brat..." He muttered before going in the opposite direction.