Chapter Eight: Testing the waters

You and Eddie were taken to a hospital, the one where Anne's boyfriend worked. You later found out his name was Dan Lewis. You and Eddie were going to be analyzed with a scanner to see what was going on inside you. You and Eddie were wearing patient's robes and you blushed, wanting to cover every spot on you because you were the only girl there. Eddie was the first one to be tested, he laid down in the scanner machine and you sighed, getting hungry again. "Ok, Eddie, we're going to do someone scans. They're completely harmless and it won't take long." He said to him. "Ok." Eddie said. "Turn it on." The assistant turned it on and Eddie started to scream and yell in pain. "Eddie!" Then you could hear the high pitch noise pierce through you and you also started to scream in pain. "Shut it off, shut it off!!!" You screamed in pain, feeling everything in your body start to turn against you. You cupped your ears and screamed louder. "Turn it off, turn it off!" The assistant quickly shut it off and you breathed in and out hard. "Holy crap...that hurt." You said, almost crying. Dan ran in to help Eddie get out of the machine and he was out of breath, like you. "Ow, what the hell was that?" Eddie asked, sitting up. "I don't know. Look, why don't you go get dressed and we'll run your tests, ok?" Eddie gave a small nod and got up, wobbling. "Eddie!" You ran to him and looked him up and down. "Are you ok?" "Yeah, it's just...I just was put through a little pain...that's all." You pouted and stomped your foot. "A little!?" You protested. "(Y/n), you're next." You froze, and Eddie raised his eyebrow. "Ugh...you ok?" Eddie asked, noticing your fearful expression. "Y-yeah...it's just...it also hurt me when they started that thing up." You admitted. "Look, you'll be ok. We need to figure out what's wrong with you two." Dan said. You gave a small nod and walked over to the machine. You laid on the scanner machine and looked up at a blue light. (This...is going to hurt...a lot...) The scanner started to make noise and you could feel your brain start to hurt. You started to scream and yell, begging for them to stop. The pain was indescribable. It felt like your body was being torn in half, like a layer of skin was slowly and painfully being peeled off your body and bones. "Turn it off!" Eddie yelled at them, starting to feel the same affects you did when Eddie was being scanned. Dan quickly shut it off and ran in to help you. You got out of the scanner and held your head. "God...I knew I shouldn't have done that..." You growled. "Strange...both of you had the same reaction...we'll run both of your tests and contact you when we're done." "Thanks man." Eddie said, helping you get up. "Oh, and don't tell anyone about this, Mr. Lewis." You warned him. "If you know what's good for you, you'll stick your nose out of this." You added, walking to your clothes. You both got dressed and walked down the hallway with Dan. "Ok, both of you go home and get some rest and try not to over exert yourself in anything." He said. "Yeah, sure." Eddie said. "Thank you, sir." You said, leaving. You walked out the doors and followed Eddie to his house. When you got there, he dialed Anne's number and she picked up. Anne instantly blew up at Eddie with stuff you couldn't hear, so you waited. "Yes, I know I have a fever." Eddie said, looking red in the face. "That would explain the odd behavior...please put (Y/n) on to." Anne said to Eddie. Eddie set the phone down and put it on speaker, so you could hear Anne to. "She asked me to." Eddie whispered, pointing to the phone. You nodded and leaned in on the counter to hear her. "Both of you must have a fever because I have met (Y/n) before, and she would never act like that." Anne said. "You know her?" Eddie asked, gasping for air, getting hot again. "Yes, I used to work at the Life Foundation's, remember?" Anne asked. "Oh, yeah, she did!" You smiled, remembering all the times Anne would baby sit you if your dad was too busy. "Umm...let me ask you something, can this fever give me the ability to jump really, really high trees?" Eddie asked her. <Yes, we just did.> Eddie held his head and growled. "Well, it might be a hormonal change of some sort that's effecting you and (Y/n)." Dan's voice said. "Hmm...hormonal? That makes no sense, if anyone would be having a hormonal change, it would be me. I'm only seventeen, and I'm at the age where it is most common." You said. "That's why we're just as confused as you are." Dan said. "Being in the science field myself, everything makes no sense. It is odd...but I doubt a hormonal change is behind this. Never the less, thank you for helping us." You said. "Yeah, thanks guys." Eddie hung up and threw his phone across the room, growling. "Eddie! Are you ok!?" You asked, thinking he was insane. Suddenly, you both could hear a high pitch screech and you both held your ears. You screamed, and Eddie groaned in pain. "Dammit!" Eddie opened his door and pounded on the door right in front of his. A long-haired man opened it and Eddie was holding the sides of the wall, sweating. You walked over to his side and crossed your arms, panting. "Look ugh...could you please turn that down?" Eddie asked. "No, it wasn't even that loud." Eddie growled as his eyes grew into huge narrow blue eyes and his mouth become full of fangs. The veins on his face were black and he barred his fangs at the man, who was beyond scared. Eddie's faced returned to normal and he breathed heavily. The man was as pale as a ghost and nodded quickly. "Yeah, yeah, sure. I'll turn it down." He said, body shaking. "Thank you." Eddie exhaled, walking back to his room. "It wasn't that loud." He mumbled. Your eyes grew into big narrow yellow eyes and your teeth shot out into fangs and your veins were a streak of black. You growled at him and your face returned to normal, you exhaled, out of breath. The man nodded, growing paler. "Ok, ok! I'll turn it off!" He nervously yelled, shutting the door and locking it.