Chapter Four: Thinking it over

You snuck back into your room and exhaled, flopping down on your bed. You raised your head out of your covers and looked over at your silent phone. You reached over to it and picked up the phone, turning it on. The black apple popped up on a white screen, once your phone was on, there were no new messages or missed calls. You dropped your head into the pillow and moaned. "Dang it..." Would Eddie really change his mind and help you, or would he just ignore you? You got up and sighed, brushing your hair out of your face, not knowing what to think. You walked down to the lab and entered with your exclusive access card. You rolled your neck, cracking it and sighed. (Dang it... all that throwing my neck around to see where Eddie was is really coming back to bite me in the butt...) You walked around, looking for your friend, the black symbiote. "Hmm..." You were lost in deep thought, thinking of Eddie and your dad. How you viewed your dad as the villain and Eddie was the hero that could help you save the world from thousands of more deaths. You wondered, if Eddie didn't want to help you, what was your plan B? You didn't have one, you just hoped that Eddie would accept, but by the looks of it you were on your own. You felt a slight pain inside your head and started to apply pressure on it, hoping to make the pain subside. "Darn headaches..." You moaned, slowing down. You walked up to the room with the black symbiote and entered. You smiled and waved to the little symbiote. "Hey symbiote!" The doors slid shut and the black symbiote thrashed around, acting wilder than usual. "Huh? Why are you acting so odd?" You got closer to it and grew puzzled. It crashed around like a tidal wave and seemed to make a hissing noise as it moved. You shook your head and sighed. "I wish I could understand you, that would be a lot easier." You shook your head and saw a blob clinging to the glass on the other side of the room. "Huh? Oh, it's your friend..." It was the yellow and black symbiote, it looked like it was trying to break through the glass. "Oh, you two want to be together, don't you? You poor things, I feel bad for you...but wait." You walked up to the glass and the symbiote hit against it, hard. "Geez...!" You stumbled back in shock. You studied the odd blob and suddenly you moved to your left. To your surprise, the symbiote followed you. To test your theory, you moved to your right and again the symbiote followed you. "Or is that you want to kill me? I guess I can't blame you, if I was taken away from where I belonged, I would want to kill whoever took me away to. But trust me, I'm on your side, I want to end this madness before it gets worse." You crossed your arms and looked at the ground. "This is unforgivable, using you and people as test subjects. I will fix this, don't worry." You said. Suddenly, your phone buzzed and you ripped it out of your pocket. You saw a new text message from an unknown number, who you assumed to be Eddie. "Hah! I knew he wouldn't give up!" You jumped up and down in joy. "Yes! Don't worry little symbiotes, Eddie will help me free you guys!" You ran out the door and called Eddie. "Hello? Is this (Y/n)?" A tired and annoyed voice asked through your phone. "Yeah! Good to hear you!" You said, ecstatic. "Ok, what do you need my help with here?" Eddie asked. "I need you to sneak in here with me and take some pictures, so we can expose my dad." You explained. "Why can't you do it?" Eddie asked, clearly not in the mood for stupidity. "Because this place is too big for me to cover on my own. Besides, you...look I'll explain it all tomorrow, just meet me at the front of the Life Foundations and we'll go from there." You heard a voice from behind you and froze, your heart pounding against your chest. You starred off in the distance, where the elevator doors opened, and you stood there like a deer in headlights. Your mouth moved but no words came out. It wasn't until your adrenaline kicked in that you were able to say something. "Call you back!" You hung up and took cover behind a box of supplies. You peeked over the edge of the box and saw two figures walk in. "Come on! I need to make sure these things work well with humans!" Your father stepped into the light with a lab assistant and you barred your teeth. (What is he doing?) You saw someone walk into the lab room with the black symbiote and your gasped. (No! Not him, not the black symbiote!) You made a fist and growled, letting your anger boil in your throat. The capsule opened, and the woman slowly turned around. "What is that thing!? N-no! Please don't do this!" She banged her fists on the glass, but she was instantly attacked by it. However, to your surprise, the black symbiote didn't kill the woman, it merged with her. She attacked wild, heck, she didn't even act human. You gasped, covering your mouth, only causing your dad to look over at you. (Crap!) You shot down on the ground and your dad looked over in your direction before turning away. "Good, the symbiote has seemed to take a liking to this woman." Your father said. (Doubt it! That thing will probably kill her within a few hours!) You quickly pulled out your phone and texted Eddie. "On second thought, we need to do this tonight!" You ran for the door and heard your dad yell, either at you or the woman. "Shoot!" You ran faster and faster until you shot out the doors to the outside world. "God frick!" You pounded your feet harder into the ground and slipped past security. You stopped in front of a fence and you rolled your arms. "Heh! Easy as pie!" You jumped over the fence, and hopped down, but you ended up smashing into someone. "Owww!" "Crap!" The man's voice growled. You got up and put the man in a head lock, keeping a firm hold on him. "Ow, ow, ow, (Y/n), its me!" Eddie yelled at you. "Oh, crap my bad!" You let him go and he rolled his shoulders, adjusting them back in place. "Sorry, sorry! I thought you were a security guard or something!" You said, blushing. "Well damn, you're strong for a sixteen-year-old girl." Eddie groaned. "Seventeen." You corrected, facing towards the building. "So..." Eddie stood up and cracked his back. All the windows in the building were on, giving the place an ominous and mysterious feeling. Nothing made a sound in the night, it was almost to calm to call it real. "What was the emergency that I had to come over here tonight?" Eddie growled, sounding ticked. "My father just infected someone else, and its with the black symbiote." "Symbiote?" Eddie questioned. You turned to him and sighed, not realizing how much of a pain explaining this would be. "It would take too long to explain...but long story short, the black symbiote is my friend." You said. "You're friend?" Eddie smirked, giving you an idiotic grin. "Symbiotes are alien like creatures that need a host in order to live." You explained. "You mean an alien is your friend?" Eddie asked, starring at you like you were nuts. "Why not? Seeming as I'm an alien to everyone else in this world." You started to walk forward, and you stopped, looking behind you. Eddie was standing in place, his eyes wide open in shock. You looked at the ground and then back at Eddie, with a serious expression. "That symbiote has listened to me talk before...I feel like he really can hear me...whatever! Its not like you care. Come on, let's go already." You pushed forward, and Eddie ran after you.