Chapter Seven: Restaurant disaster

Eddie was talking on his phone, while both of you were walking together in the city. "Yeah, yeah! I know, but you have to believe me!" Eddie yelled into the phone. He paused and waited for a response. <Eat him!> You snapped your neck around to the voice but saw no one. You looked back to Eddie and he growled. "No, I'm not I-" <-Food!> "-Gahh! Who said that!? No I'm not talking to you I was just-" Then the person hung up. "Dammit." Eddie muttered. Eddie put his phone in his pocket and muttered under his breath. "Eddie, you ok?" You asked him. "No, I'm not." He huffed. "I could tell you that...do you..." Eddie raised his eyebrow, waiting to hear the question but you held your tongue. <Hungry!> "No, I'm not hungry!" You growled, fighting with yourself. "Huh? You're hungry?" "No! There's...no, let's just go!" You growled, fuming up. "We're almost there." Eddie said, speed walking faster. "Huh?" You questioned. You skipped next to Eddie to keep up with him. "Where are we going then?" You asked him. "To Anne." "Who's she?" You asked, swearing that you have heard the name before. "She's my ex, she used to work for the Life Foundations." He said, walking up a stair case to a fancy restaurant. "Ugh, Eddie, we can't go in there." You said, tugging back on his arm sleeve. "There's no such a thing as can't." Eddie said, smirking. "Eddie, there is a difference between doing something stupid and doing something completely insane!" You growled. "Then you have my back?" He asked, giving you a stupid grin. You cursed under your breath and broke eye contact with him. "I suppose someone has to..." You said. "Good, follow me!" Eddie grabbed your hand and dragged you into the fancy restaurant. A man behind a pedestal looked at you two and was about to ask you something but Eddie ran past him. "Hey!" "Yeah, yeah, it will be quick!" Eddie said to the man. "Eddie, this isn't right!" You growled in his ear. "Ah! There she is!" You saw a long blonde-haired girl, sitting with what looked like her boyfriend. She looked over to all the commotion and gasped. "Eddie!?" Eddie ran up to her table and pulled his phone out, franticly scrolling through his phone for the pictures. "Anne! Look!" Eddie got on his knee and showed her his phone. "Eddie, can't this wait!?" She yelled, flustered. "No, it can't! Look, they have these things there and I think I got infected!" Eddie was sweating all over his sweatshirt and you sighed. (What is wrong with both of us?) "Hey kid, adults only!" A man grabbed you by the arm and a sudden spike of anger took over you. You grabbed the man's hand and threw him forward, all the way into the wall. Everyone screamed, and you growled at him, quickly shaking your head so you could lose the feeling. "Shit (Y/n)..." Eddie scoffed. "Just do it and get it over with!" You snapped, losing your patience. "Ok, ok! Look! The Life Foundations is testing people and they're dying!" Eddie said, scrolling through pictures he took. "Eddie, you look like shit. Are you sick?" She felt his forehead and he tore his head back. "No, I-" Eddie then saw a piece of chicken on a plate that a waiter was taking to a table, and ripped it off the plate and ate it. "Eddie!" You and Anne both yelled. Eddie looked at you, his teeth still in the chicken and he slowly took it out of his mouth. He set it back on the plate and gave you both a nervous smile. "Yep, that's definitely dead!" You smacked your forehead and groaned. "Eddie you idio-" Suddenly an unknown desire pulled you to a table and you grabbed a piece of steak, digging your teeth into the juicy meat. "Gurgh! Why am I doing this!?" You growled with a mouth full of steak. No one dared to try and stop you after you threw the guy into the wall and made a hole in it. "See, you're no better!" Eddie growled, also grabbing more food. "I can't help it!" You growled, putting the steak back. "Neither can I!" Eddie growled, sweat dripping all over his face. "Eddie, you need to leave." Anne said, trying to calm him down. "No, I don't! I-is...is it hot in here to anyone else?" Eddie asked, taking his sweatshirt off. You pulled on the collar of your shirt and moaned, agreeing with him. "Yeah, it is." You mumbled. Eddie walked down to a lobster tank and attempted to climbed in. "Eddie, no!" You ran over to him and grabbed his shirt, pulling back. "No, no, I won't let you!" You growled, losing your grip and letting Eddie splash into the water. "Eddie!" Eddie sat on the side and relaxed. "Nothing like letting yourself relax in public Eddie!" You growled as Anne and her boyfriend ran over to you two. "Who are you!?" Anne asked you. "I'm (Y/n) Drake, the Life Foundation's daughter. Eddie and I are working together to expose my dad." You explained. "(Y/n), (Y/n)! Not in the middle of a restaurant." Eddie said, nervously laughing. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was normal for someone to sit in a lobster tank in a restaurant to cool off!" You grinded through your teeth. Eddie grabbed a lobster and bit into it, splashing water everywhere. You licked your lips and suddenly jumped into the tank with him. "(Y/n)!" Anne yelled at you. You snatched a lobster and bit into it, glaring at Eddie. "You're a terrible example." He smiled at you and ate the lobster happily. "Darn it...I'm so hungry I can't stay mad at you!" You saw Anne's boyfriend explaining the situation to the restaurant owners and you blushed. "They're my patients with...medical issues. I am so sorry sir, I didn't mean for this to happen." He said. "Neither did we." You added. Anne looked at you both in disbelief and you shrugged. "Sorry..." You apologized, smiling with lobster guts stuck in your teeth. She rolled her eyes and stormed over to her boyfriend. You closed your mouth and ate another bite of lobster. "We're in deep now, Eddie. Together and all the way, I will find out how to cure us both." You said to him. Eddie was out of breath and nodded, gasping for air after finally relaxing. "Yeah..." He smiled weakly.