Chapter Nine: Having a parasite

You and Eddie hopped on a trolley, heading towards his house. You sat next to Eddie, fiddling with your thumbs, waiting to get off. <Hungry!> A voice hissed into your ear, making you shudder. Eddie raised his eyebrow at you and you blushed. "S-sorry, I'm cold." You lied. <Food!> Eddie's body shoot up, forcing him to grab onto the bars and he nervously laughed. "Hahaha! Sorry!" His body moved towards the exit and you followed, concerned for him. Everyone starred at him like he was insane or an idiot. "I'm just going to stand here...where the exit is." He confirmed more with himself than anyone else. You held his arm and hugged it, holding him close. "Are you ok?" You asked with the most concern you could show with all these people looking at the two of you. Eddie looked down at you, with sweat dripping off his face, giving you a fake nod. "Yeah, I'm fine..." You followed Eddie to his house, no matter how many times he asked you what happened back there, you couldn't say. You were just as confused as Eddie was, if only he believed you. When you got to Eddie's house, he dialed Anne's number and she picked up. "Yes, I know something is wrong with us." Eddie moaned in annoyance, rubbing his sweaty neck. Eddie set the phone down and put it on speaker, so you could hear Anne to. "She asked me to again." Eddie whispered, pointing to the phone. You nodded and leaned in on the counter to hear her. "Look, both of you have a parasite, we don't know how you got it but you both have one." You face fell with a dumbfounded expression and you exhaled. "Woah...a parasite?" You asked. <Watch it!> You spun around to the voice but saw nothing. Eddie glanced over at you and held your shoulder. You thrashed back around, and Eddie let go of you, surprised. "Woah, (Y/n) it's just me, its ok." Eddie calmly said. You nodded and held your head, groaning. "Sorry..." "This parasite would explain the odd behavior and fever. That explains why, (Y/n), you acted differently from when I first met you." Anne said. "Look, we're going to put you both on some meds and try to get rid of the parasite, ok?" Dan said. <Never going to happen.> Eddie growled and covered the speaker. "Shhh! W-would you stop that!?" He grinded through his teeth. "Eddie?" "Eddie, we're just trying to help you." Anne said. "Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm not actually talking to you." Eddie said, peeking your interest. (Huh?) "Then who are you talking to?" Anne asked. "L-look I'll call you back then. Umm....thank you Dan and Anne, thank you." He hung up and walked around the counter, kicking the trash can. "Eddie!" You yelled. "I'm sorry...I just want to understand what this parasite is..." "So do I, Eddie." You said. Eddie started to feel extremely hunger, so he grabbed some tatter tots out of the fridge and put them into the microwave. You walked over to Eddie and he looked at you. "You want some?" He offered you. You felt super hungry, you would be lucky to not feel hungry for a change. "Yes, please." "Ok, you can make the next batch." He smirked, making you smile.