Chapter Six: Reflections

You and Eddie walked to his house, having an awkward silence between the both of you. He paused and turned to you, frowning. "Why are you following me?" He asked you, clearly not thinking before asking. "What!? You think I can go home!? You're insane! My father will have my throat if I go back there, and besides, we're both in this together! We can both help each other get through this." You said to him. He turned his back to you and rubbed his neck. "I would prefer to be alone." Eddie said, sighing. "So would I, but you know as well as I do we're not alone anymore." You said. Eddie starred at you, out of the corner of his eye, for a long minute and sighed. "Fine, you can come to my house." (Yes!) Eddie opened his house door and walked in. You walked behind him and closed the door. You saw Eddie pull open the fridge and take out a beer. He popped the cap off and started to drink it, having a sour look. He ran over to the sink and poured himself some water, chugging it down. He then yanked the fridge door open, raiding his fridge again. "God Eddie..." You said, seeing him grab a bag of tatter tots out of the fridge and eating them cold. He took a hand full and dropped them in his mouth, not seeming to care if you watched or not. "What!? I'm hungry!" He protested with a stern glare. "I am to! But I'm not eating like a pig!" You growled. Eddie growled and threw the tatter tots on the floor, which you suddenly tackled. You couldn't stop yourself, it was like something else was controlling you. The more you fought the urge, the more powerful it got. "Why am I acting like an animal?" You asked yourself, shoving your mouth full of tatter tots. Eddie opened the garbage can and pulled out a half-eaten chicken. You paused and starred at him, seeing the lust swirl in his eyes. You held your mouth closed from throwing up, because it didn't look like Eddie was going to think twice. Eddie sunk his teeth into the chicken, and you gaged. "Eddie! That's disgusting!" You screamed at him. Then, his body jerked forward a bit and he held his stomach and mouth. He rushed to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. "Eddie!" You discarded the tatter tots and sat down next to Eddie, seeing that he didn't make it to the toilet in time. "What is wrong with me?" He groaned. You started to rub his back and he threw up more. "It's ok, I'm here for you Eddie." You said to calm him down. Eddie jerked forward more, and you wrapped your arms around him. "It's ok Eddie, everything is going to be alright." You assured him. You were now beyond worried for Eddie. Not only could both of you possibly have the symbiotes inside of you, but your side effects are different from Eddie's. It will be hard to pinpoint the exact cause of this mess if you and Eddie's symptoms are different. Eddie got up and started to brush his teeth, to get the taste out of his mouth. You sat on the floor and looked at your nails, digging the dirt out of them. (Have my nails always looked like claws?) Eddie spit into the sink and he rinsed the sink out. He splashed water on his face and held the ends of the sink. Then, the mirror showed Eddie's face changing into a white narrow eyed monster with fangs and he froze. <Eddie...> Eddie yelped and fell back into the tub, banging his head on the wall, moaning as he passed out. "Eddie!" You ran over to him and felt his face and forehead. (He's ok...for now...) You picked him up and carried him out to the couch, setting him on it. You pulled a blanket over him and sighed, wishing you could do more. You popped some tatter tots in the microwave and looked at the bathroom, wondering what made Eddie so scared. (What would make Eddie jump like that and would it do the same to me?) You felt Eddie's head and sighed, knowing that he had a fever. You starred at the door ajar and you made a fist. (Maybe if I see what Eddie saw, then I can understand what we're dealing with here.) You grew the courage to walk to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. You pulled your eyes down and stuck your tongue out, nothing was out of the ordinary. Then, you saw it, your eyes turned into white narrow eyes and your mouth was full of fangs. You gasped and held your breath, hoping that what you were seeing was nothing but an illusion. <(Y/n)...> You shuddered, stepping back to run but you couldn't move. You were so petrified with fear that you could have passed out without hitting your head. "What...is that!?" You heard the microwave, with tatter tots, go off and you quickly ran out to it. You pulled the pan out and set it down, seeing the golden-brown tatter tots. You let a sigh of relief roll off your tongue, glad that you were able to run from the mirror. Your mouth drooled with hunger and your tongue licked your lips, inviting you to eat. Eddie got up and you walked over to him, smiling. "You ok?" You asked him. Eddie blinked his eyes hard and pulled himself up. "Woah, woah!" You pushed him back down and he growled. "Ow, my head." He moaned. You held his hand and helped him back up. "Sorry, I didn't know if you got a concussion or not." Eddie held his head and groaned. "Sorry, I didn't want to freeze you to death with an ice pack either." You explained. Eddie looked over at his phone on the counter and then back to you. "Can you go get my phone, please?" He asked you in a trembling voice. "S-sure." You said, acknowledging the expression on Eddie's face. You walked over to the counter and grabbed his phone, handing it to him. Eddie opened his phone and looked at the pictures he took, zooming in on the woman who attacked him. "Eddie..." You trailed off, not knowing what he was looking at. Eddie remained silent, only allowing himself to hear his thoughts. "Eddie...is everything ok?" You asked, holding his shoulder. He swatted your hand off him and got up, walking towards the door. "Eddie! It's too soon to go out!" You yelled, as he opened the door. He looked back at you and scoffed. "Come on, you're coming with me." You ran to his side and growled. "No! We can't go out! For God's sake you're still hurt!" You protested. "I feel fine, come on." Eddie pulled you out by the hand and you sighed, having no choice but to follow him to where ever he had in mind.