Chapter Ten: The parasites with names

Back at the Life Foundation's lab, Carlton Drake had just discovered that two of his symbiotes had gone missing. "So, you're telling me that two of our symbiotes escaped!?" He yelled at his workers. "It was a girl and a man, sir!" One of the men said. Carlton turned to his security footage and thought. "A girl you say? What did she look like?" Carton asked. "A very young girl, about in her sixteens or seventeens. She was quick on her feet and so was the man." Carlton was letting everything sink in and he nodded. "Ok, tell me, here." Carlton pulled up the footage of you and Eddie breaking into the lab and froze in shock. Carlton saw everything, from you taking the symbiotes, all the way to you escaping. "My god...hehe! I can't believe it!" The two men looked at each other, in shock, and looked back at Carlton. "My own daughter has turned her back on me. She let that man in here to help her." Carlton laughed at first, then banged his fist into the table, causing everything on it to jump or roll off. "Not only did she betray me, but she let that man in with her." Carlton turned to the men and smiled. "I want you to find her, send a search team out." Carlton threw a tracking device at one of them and he caught it. "I implanted a chip into her neck when she was a child. This will tell you were she is. Go find her and bring back my symbiotes." He said.

...

You watched Eddie take the tatter tots out of the microwave and you scratched your neck from a sudden itch on the ridge of your spine. Eddie pulled the burnt tatter tots out of the oven and you moaned, seeing how bad of a cooker Eddie was. <Don't open the door.> Eddie heard a voice say. "What do you mean don't open the door?" Eddie asked. "What? I didn't say anything." You said, thinking Eddie had lost his mind. <Don't, they are here...> You heard a voice say to you. You held your head and moaned. "Who's they?" You asked. "What? I didn't say anything." Eddie said. "Well neither did I..." You trailed off, finally getting it. "We're both hearing voices." You said. "Wait, you are to?" Eddie asked. "Yeah! I think I know who they are!" Someone knocked on the door and you growled. Eddie got up and walked to the door. "Eddie, no!" Eddie opened the door and four squad men entered the room with guns pointed at you and Eddie. A red dot was lit up on Eddie and your chest and you gulped. "Ahh!" You both put your hands up and Eddie's arms were yanked down. "Eddie...(Y/n)..." The bald man said, looking over you before looking back at Eddie. "Carlton would like his property back now." He said. "Oh, yeah, sure you want her take here." Eddie said, pointing to you while he tried to put his arms back up. You starred at him in utter shock and growled. "What!?" <Eddie, she is one of us! We cannot dispose of her!> Eddie growled, and the bald man got closer. "Eddie..." He trailed off. <And don't put your arms up! You're making us look bad!> Eddie was fighting with his body to put his arms up and he growled. "No, I'm not!" He growled, putting his arms up. <Yes, you are!> Eddie's arms were pulled down again and you looked at Eddie, confused. "What the heck are you doing?" You grinded through your teeth. "Trying to put my arms up!" He put his arms up again and growled. <Why are you putting your hands up?> "Because I don't want to die!" Eddie said. <Fine, I guess I'll have take care of this myself.> "What!?" <Ready (Y/n)?> "Huh!?" You asked. <Hold on tight, this will be a fun ride!> A feminine voice said. Suddenly, your arm was thrusted forward and yellow mixed with black slime shot out of your arm and knocked down one of them men. "Holy shit!" The men open fired and Eddie ran to the side, against his will, and shot his arm out, hitting the men with black goo. The slime was retracted back into your arm and you were shaking. "Holy crap...what was that!?" You screamed. <Come on! You're making us look bad!> A man was coming up behind you and the yellow and black slime shot out of your back. It attached to the man and he dropped his gun. You looked back and saw him, paralyzed in fear. Your left arm became a huge yellow and black claw and you took his head into your hand and threw him. "Sorry!" The man flew through the wall and you rubbed your neck, feeling a slight pain in it. "Ouch..." <You fool!> "Huh?" Your neck started to feel like something was biting into it until a small hole was made into the back of your neck. "Ow! Hey, stop it!" You yelled, reaching for your neck. <Shut up! No wonder they found us!> A small chip popped out of your neck and the black sludge healed your wound. "Ow." You turned around and picked the chip up. "A chip...? Carlton!" You crushed the chip in your hand and you turned to Eddie, who was beating the crap out of the last few men. Eddie punched the guy in the gut as his black goo was holding the man back. Eddie punched him into the wall and you looked at him. "Well..." Eddie looked at you, out of breath and shrugged. "What?" <Great fighting you two! Now, let's bite off all the heads and pile them in a corner!> Eddie's voice said to him. "Why would we do that?" Eddie asked, looking around at the dead bodies. <Dead bodies mean food, would you like to feast quick?> Your voice asked you. "What!? No!" You screamed. <We must run!> Eddie was suddenly pulled out the window and you were dragged after him. "Eddie!" You screamed, flying out the window. The glass scattered every, miraculously avoiding your eyes and body. Eddie crash landed into someones apartment building and you fell on him. "Ahhh!?" "What the hell man!?" "How did you do that!?" The kids of the apartment, playing their PS4, asked you two. "Apparently we have a parasite." Eddie wheezed. You shook your head and sat up, seeing that you were on top of Eddie. "Oh, crap, sorry!" You nervously smiled. <Look out!> You both looked behind you and saw bullet flying towards you. "Ahh!" You and Eddie's slime shielded you, both the black and mixture of yellow and black taking up half of the broken window. "Woah..." "Come on (Y/n)!" Eddie pulled your arm, getting you off him, and ran out the apartment door. Both of your symbiote's aid went back into your body and you growled. "What the hell are these things!?" You asked, looking at your hands. <Not things!> Your voice hissed. "Eddie! Got any ideas!?" You asked him, braking a door down. "Yeah, follow me!"

...

Back in the Life Foundation's lab, Carlton was watching his daughter and Eddie escape his men. "Here's the footage of what happened in the field!" A clip of you and Eddie using your symbiotes were shown on the screen and Carlton was amazed. "They did it!" He yelled in joy. All the scientist looks at each other and then Carlton. "They achieved a state of stability with the symbiote, they achieved symbiosis! Not only that but they're using it!" Carlton held his chin, happy. "Bring them both back here! Bring me my creatures!" He yelled into the communicator, starring at a picture of Eddie, with his arm covered in a black symbiote. And you, with a mixture of yellow and black symbiote shielding your body from an attack.

...

Eddie pulled you down to a hollow back alley, where you both took a break. "God!" Eddie was sweating all over and he was out of breath. "Fun..." You added, sitting on the ground. <Eddie...> Eddie walked up to a car window and looked at his reflection. He saw a huge bulky black monster, with enormous fangs and long narrow white eyes. Eddie's mouth hung open and he felt his face, his reflection mimicking his every movement. "I-I don't see you right? You're just in my head and I'm seeing things because you're just a parasite..." Eddie shuddered, trying to blind side himself. <Parasite!?> The monster roared, shooting out of Eddie's body and gluing him to the wall. "Ahhhh! Eddie!?" You were so confused yet intrigued. You ran over to him on the wall and tried to pull him down, but the black goo that held Eddie against the wall was to strong. "Ok, voice, tell me what the heck you are right now!" You growled, trying to get Eddie down. <I don't have to tell you anything.> It stated. "Ok, ok, I'm sorry! I take it back!" Eddie said, apologizing. You heard a faint humming sound and you looked over at a little droid, with the Life Foundation's logo on it. "Eddie, time to move! These are Carlton's droids!" Eddie looked over and hopped down before the droid hit him with bullets. You threw your slime at the droid and destroyed it. "Hmph!" You smirked and retracted your sludge. "Come on (Y/n)!" Eddie was on his motorcycle, making it roar as he rolled his hand against the handlebars. You didn't have time to argue with him, you hopped on and held onto him tight. "Go!" You yelled, seeing thousands of more droids coming for the two of you. Eddie's hands were covered in black sludge and it pulled back on the motorcycle, shooting you two forward. "Wahhh! Eddie!" You screamed. "I'm not driving!" He growled. <Yes, I am.> Eddie's voice said. You froze and held Eddie tighter. "Gugh! (Y/n), loosen your grip!" Eddie growled over the wind howling past your ears. "Eddie...what was that? Is that your voice?" You asked. "Huh?" Eddie asked, looking behind to see you shaking. <Yes, (Y/n). When you two are holding each other, you can hear both of us talking.> Your voice said. "Your voice sounds more inviting." Eddie scoffed. "I could say the same about yours." You blushed. A droid was about to shoot you with a bullet, but your yellow and black slime destroyed it by making a long arm swing it into the ground. A miniature explosion was becoming a small cloud of black fog behind you as you constricted Eddie's body to death. "What are you two!?" You screamed over the wind. <I am Venom, Eddie's symbiote.> Venom explained. <I am Violence, call me Vai for short.> Violence said. "What!? Symbiotes!? Awesome!" You cheered. Eddie glared at you and you looked down. "I mean ugh...oh no..." You said in a very unconvincing voice. "Seriously!?" Eddie roared. "Don't judge me! This is like having a superpower!" <Except we are not.> Violence said. You nodded and looked at incoming traffic. "These things are probably killing us from the inside out!" Eddie roared over the wind. "Eddie! Turn left!" You yelled at him. Venom turned the motorcycle to the left, hard, and you almost fell off. The bike was positioned up right, by Venom, and you hit Eddie on the head. "Ow!" "You have a passenger back here!" You turned around to the sound of sirens and you saw Life Foundation's army cars and vans and you turned back to Eddie. "We have a crap load of guys on our tail!" You yelled. <Violence?> Venom asked. Violence sighed and took over your right arm. <Fine, but you owe me.> Your slime shot the cars, splitting into two separate spikes and flipped the two cars over at the same time. You gasped and giggled, having fun seeing this. "Awesome!" "Don't get carried away, (Y/n)!" Eddie growled. "I won't!" You pouted, swinging your arm to the right, taking out one more car in the process. The cars blew up and you retracted Violence back. "Hahaha! Not bad!" You rubbed your neck and looked at Eddie. <Not bad...for a human...> "What's that supposed to mean?" You questioned. "No time to argue!" Eddie growled. <Just focus, Violence!> Venom hissed. <Don't tell me what to do!> Violence hissed back. "Hey! Come on guys! Aren't you two friends!?" You nervously asked. <Friends is an undermining statement.> Violence said. <That is the only thing we can agree on.> Venom added. "Oh...ugh...h-how interesting." Was the only thing you could think to say. <Forget about that for now! We have a more important task to handle right now!> Venom hissed.