Part 1 - On My Doorstep

For the sake of the story and Wattpad's age rules, Lani is twenty two, Maverick is twenty one, and Cash is eighteen.

Lani and Maverick will not have their significant others in this story. #sorrynotsorry

I opened the door, phone in my right hand and threw the pretend bomb. I then shut the door again as the music went boom. I clicked the magic button on my Samsung Galaxy S9 Note to bring up YouTube. I blasted music throughout the house as I unpacked my things. Once I had finished and had everything spotless, I brought up my Tik Tok app and left my room. I opened the door and gave a quick sweep of the room then hit save. I edited the short clip before hitting post. I waited until I got the notification that it posted. I shoved my phone in my pocket and went downstairs.

I swear, the second my foot hit the floor, the fucking doorbell rang.

"Caitlin!" I screeched. "Get the door."

"You're standing right fucking next to it!" My little sister yelled back.

"Right." I muttered. I pulled up Tik Tok again. I cracked the door open a little. "If you're here to kill me, clap your hands." I joked. I was replied with three sets of two claps. I opened the door wider to see who's there. I dropped my phone as I met eyes with three pairs of really blue eyes. On the left was a tall male with mature features, on the right was a shorter girl who's really pretty, and in the middle was a male who didn't look as mature and had a height between the two.

"Something wrong?" The older boy asked. I shook my head and bent down. I picked up my phone and shoved it in my back pocket. The complete recognition of who these three are set in, but I didn't show my shock. Or any emotions for that matter.

"Can I help you?" I inquired, tilting my head to the side a bit.

"We just wanted to welcome our new neighbors to the neighborhood." The girl said with a smile. I did my best to smile back and look excited.

"Well, thank you." I was about to say more, but someone crashed into my leg. I looked down to find Caitlin, a small eight year old, by my side. I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut, completely prepared for when she screamed.

"Holy shit, what's wrong?" A voice bellowed. That would be my eldest brother. I turned to see Ethan and Damien coming down the stairs. Damien had been the one to shout. My twin brother, Jason, appeared from the kitchen and our other two sisters came out of the bathroom, makeup half done. They were doing tutorials.

"Cait, you can't just scream." Ethan grumbled, running a hand through his brown hair.

"Yeah, you scared the shit out of us." Macy whispered. She's our older sister. I guess I should pause for a minute.

First, there's Damien. He has black hair and bright blue eyes that look like fucking crystals. Actually, we all have the same eye color. Anyway, he's twenty six.

Then there's Macy. She is twenty two with light brown hair that goes down to her waist.

After her comes Jason and I. Jason is an hour older than I. I was stubborn and wouldn't come out. Jason has light brown hair whereas mine is platinum blonde. We're both seventeen. My name is Ashlyn.

Then comes Ethan. He's a gamer and has dark brown hair. He's fifteen years old.

After him is Lucy. She's twelve with the same hair as Ethan.

Next is Caitlin. She's eight. Her hair is the same as mine, maybe a shade or two darker.

Lastly is Kylie who is four. She has Damien's black hair and is Damien's daughter.