Part 34 - Protected, Loved, and Blessed

Ashlyn's POV

Today embarks the final week of school. It is the sixth of May and we graduate on the tenth. Cash and I walked into school, hand in hand. Our schedules match so we don't have to be apart. We told every teacher that we can't be apart or else all hell will break loose. People are talking about the disappearance of Julie still to this day. First time I heard it, I'd been too upset to be happy about her being gone. But, hearing it now, I'm fucking glad. Cash spun me around then leaned me against my locker. I grinned at him.

"You know, I was watching some of Cash's Tik Toks from before Ashlyn got suspended and he looks different from then." Someone commented. It's some guy.

"How so?" His girlfriend asked.

"He looks... happier. So does she. They've never been as close as they have been lately."

"By the way," A second guy told them. "I wouldn't mess with either of them. That stunt Ashlyn pulled with the tag in the cafeteria is only one of the small things."

"Yeah," A second girl agreed. "I guess the rumors about Ashlyn were true. She really is dangerous."

"How?" The first girl asked. "Look at her. She looks so..."

"Happy." Her boyfriend finished.

"Don't listen to them." Cash whispered, noticing my lack of attention towards him.

"But I like what they're saying." I whispered back. Cash softly kissed my neck. "Cash, not here." I giggled. He nipped at my skin. I chuckled. The bell rang, but Cash just didn't stop. He continued to tease me. "Cash, is something wrong?"

"Maybe." He whispered with a smirk. He picked up his head, leaning his forehead on mine.

"Something physically wrong?"

"Maybe."

"Do I have to look?"

"No. You can feel it too, Lynn. In two ways." His comment made me roll my eyes, but I know he's right. To prove his point, he pressed his hips to mine.

"Cash, I had to hold it back for a long time. We need to get to class, the second bell is about to ring."

"But I'm still new and I can't control myself." Cash teased. I groaned, my head resting on his shoulder as he teasingly grinded against me. "We both know that if I want too, I can make you feel the same. I'm hurting, Lynn."

"Hurting?" I echoed through a groan.

"Yes. My body is aching for you. I love having you in my arms, bare skin on bare skin. I love the feeling of being inside you."

"Cash..." I whined, the desperation settling into my own body. "You're so mean." I shoved him away from me. He chuckled.

"I know." He encaged me in his arms. The late bell rang, making me frown. "Come on, we're already late."

"Come on, Ashlyn, we're already running late. You know you want this." I shook the old thoughts from my head.

"How about we cuddle?" I offered suddenly. Cash furrowed his eyebrows, dropping his arms.

"Lynn, what's wrong? You're always the one initiating something to happen. Even last time, you technically still initiated it."

"Sorry, Cash. I just..."

"Who are you thinking about this time?" He asked sweetly. "I swear, if this person did you wrong, I will find him and kill him."

"Just some guy that I'd been sleeping with who was really pushy." I muttered. Cash softly kissed my temple, pulling me into his arms again.

"We could go home and cuddle if you want, Lynn." I softly nodded my head. Cash picked me up and carried me out of the sight of cameras before speeding us to the house in the woods where Cash practically laid on top of me.

"What are you doing?" I asked through a giggle.

"Cuddling my girl." Cash replied softly. I closed my eyes, humming softly. I reached up and kissed Cash's neck. "I thought we just tried avoiding this."

"But Cash," I muttered. "You make me feel things I never thought I'd ever feel. I'm a girl who's never had a period, but still has mood swings. The only reason for that is because vampires have emotions that are just out of control. I've always been so calm and in control. That was until I met you."

"You're rambling, Lynn. You've told me this before." Cash whispered.

"I feel bad... You've given me so much. Love, peace, happiness. You ask for one thing and I can't give it to you."

"Lynn, be quiet. I don't want to hear this. You've saved my life on multiple occasions, you gave me my memories, you've given me endless amounts of love, and you've done so much more. If we're being honest, I don't think I mentally wanted anything. My body craved your touch, but my mind repulsed it the moment you said no."

"But I still feel bad. What kind of girl am I if I can't give my man what he wants when he wants it?"

"One from the twenty first century."

"What kind of mate am I if I can't give my vampire what he wants, needs?"

"Ashlyn!" Cash exclaimed. "What the hell is going on with you!?" I quivered beneath him, terrified though I'm not sure why. "Listen to me, Ashlyn, you are my only concern. I want you to be happy before me. If you being happy means lying down and cuddling, then that makes me happy too. You're my everything, Ashlyn, and I can't watch you be so upset because you didn't make me happy. But you did and you are. I love you, Lynn, and your love, protection, and happiness is all I ask for." I swallowed my sobs and Cash wiped away my tears. "Please don't cry, Lynn." Cash lied down beside me, pulling me close to my chest. A sense of security washed over me. I am protected, I am blessed, and I am loved by this one boy.

"I love you too, Cash." I choked out.

That's part thirty four! The next will - should - be big.

Peace.
Love.
Out.