Part 32 - Once and For All

I sat at Cash's desk, practically immobile and have been for the past few days. It's been five days. I went to school on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I spent Sunday in this same spot occasionally cuddling my worried boyfriend. It's after school on Friday. The thoughts just keep coming. What will my father come after next? Cash? My other siblings? Kylie? Cash's family? Lysandra's baby? Lysandra? My possible baby? The possibilities are nearly endless. I do know one thing.

He won't kill me. He wants me to suffer therefore he won't kill me.

I'm in a black dress and black heels. My hair is done up and my makeup is dark. "Are you ready?" Cash asked, coming into the room. I nodded then stood up. Cash took my hand, leading me to his car. I got in the passenger's seat. Cash stopped asking me if I was okay awhile ago. I can't find it within me to smile anymore. I know my pain is hurting Cash, but I just can't help it. My father killed his own son. How- "Would you answer that for me?" Cash inquired, cutting off my mental rant. I picked up his phone. It's Jason. I answered.

"What's up, Jase?" I asked quietly.

"Oh, good. I'd been hoping you'd answer." Jason said. "I've got good news."

"Really, Jason? Do you think now is the time?"

"Yes, actually, I do. Ethan's body vanished. Do you know what that means?" I thought for a moment then suddenly gasped, rapidly hitting the door beside me.

"What the hell, Lynn?" Cash asked, fear in his voice.

"He didn't!" I exclaimed. "Cash, take me home." I ordered. Cash obliged, finding a way to turn the car around. "You've got to be shitting me. I'm going to find him and tear off his fucking head." I growled. I thought back to when I'd been tortured by my father. I replayed the memory multiple times before seeing what I want. I said goodbye to my brother then hung up. By now we're back at our houses. Cash and I got out of the car.

"Mind explaining?" Cash inquired.

"Ethan isn't dead! My father created a decoy." I rushed out. Cash's eyes widened. "But that does mean he has Ethan held up somewhere. I don't think my father ever left California."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I replayed my memory of when I'd been tortured by him. It wasn't him. When focused hard enough, I could see the shimmer. He wasn't real." Cash chuckled in disbelief. "If I can catch the shimmer every time then I can find the real one."

"No, you can't." My eyebrows furrowed. "We can." I smiled for the first time in five long days. Cash pulled me in for a hug. "I guess we're going to California."

~

We stopped running outside my father's headquarters. Cash held my hand, giving me a gentle smile. "What's the plan?"

"Anyone we come into contact with gets their memories erased for six hours. Should be enough time." I explained with a hopeful shrug.

"Ashlyn, if anything goes wrong in there, don't blame yourself, okay?"

"No, not okay." I said boldly. I turned to fully face Cash, looking up at him with a serious expression. "Nothing will go wrong. As long as we're together, we can do anything."

"What makes you so confident?"

"Remember back in the hotel when we got a call that people know that I'm supernatural?" Cash nodded his head. "And then when Damien, Jason, and Ethan showed up talk to us."

"Yeah they said our future together had been at stake." Cash whispered, clearly confused.

"They also said that we are the power couple." Cash furrowed his eyebrows. He's so damn cute. "Do you remember when Ethan put his hand on my stomach?" Realization and understanding crossed Cash's face. I softly smiled as he broke out in to a grin. He put a hand on my stomach.

"I can't wait until we can actually know." Cash whispered.

"I have strong instincts about it." I replied. Cash softly kissed my lips. "Just so you know, I'm not holding back. There's nothing but vervain that can harm a baby, if I'm even pregnant. And, a wooden stake."

"I believe in you, I believe in me, and I believe in us. That's all I need right now." I smiled and nodded my head. "Do you think you can wipe out all of their memories now then restore them if needed?" I thought for a moment.

"Yeah, but that takes a lot of energy out of me."

"You did say that my being a vampire and us having sex strengthened the bond. Do you think I could help give you energy?"

"Maybe. It's worth a shot, isn't it?" Cash nodded. I faced the building. Cash wrapped his arms around me from behind, his hands resting on my stomach. I put my hands over his then closed my eyes. I focused on willing everyone in that building to forget their entire existence. I felt soft kisses on my neck. I ignited my magic. My fangs extracted and I'm pretty sure my eyes changed. I put my hands out before me. I stood like that for a few seconds then opened my eyes and dropped my hands. I feel weak. I grabbed Cash's arm then pulled back his sleeve before biting his wrist. He didn't flinch or make a noise. He just hugged me until I finished. Once I had, we both nodded and marched in. I grabbed the nearest guy and pinned him to a wall.

"Where can I find Mr. Stone?" I asked cockily. I revived the guy's memories. He blinked a few times. I pressed down harder and repeated my question.

"In his office. He never leaves it." The guy whimpered. I snapped his neck. I turned to see that Cash had already snapped everyone else's necks. I nodded in approval.

"There's something fun about snapping necks." Cash said, staring at the bodies."

"Don't get used to it." I told him, patting his back. We walked off to where my dad should be. "If you want, you can tear a throat out with your fangs. It's something interesting to do."

"Just so you know, you get the honor of killing your father." I stopped in my tracks, turning to face Cash.

"No, I want you to do it. I already got the pleasure of doing so. It's not only me he toyed with. He messed with you too, Cash." I whispered.

"You're always talking about how much you hate killing, but then I think back to times like these." Cash joked. I playfully hit his arm. He muffled a laugh in his sleeve. "Onto a more serious matter; I'd love to do the honor." I grinned and gave Cash a swift kiss. I kicked the door down to my father's office. The confused man looked at us with fear. I quickly revived his memories then true terror crossed his eyes. There's no shimmer.

"So you figured me out, huh? How did you do it?" My father asked. He's terrified, but refuses to show it.

"I can play with memories. I knew if I took yours away, you'd forget to make a decoy. And, I learned of the decoy when I replayed the memory of you torturing me. Now, tell me where my little brother is." I sped forward and pinned him to a wall. Cash blocked the door. The windows are much too small.

"Why should I say? You're just going to kill me anyway." I growled.

"No, I'll make you fucking suffer." I turned and reached into one of his drawers. I pulled out some vervain. It burns my skin, no doubt, but I pressed it to his head anyway. "Tell me where my baby brother is." I ordered. He shook his head. I dropped the vervain with a sigh. "Fine. We'll play the easy way." I reached into his memories, easily achieving my goal. I gave the okay then Cash sped over here.

"So you turned, poor boy. She's only good for getting people killed." My father taunted. Cash bent down and picked up the vervain. He hissed in pain, but shoved it down my father's throat anyway.

"That shit hurts." Cash muttered. I chuckled as he shook his hand.

"Ready?" I asked. He nodded. I released my father then Cash tore his head clean off. I grabbed Cash's wrist and gave him the directions to Ethan. "Get him out of here. I'll join you in a minute." Cash nodded then vanished. I searched through my father's desks until I found my objective. I sped to the front of the worn down building where Cash had a sleeping and beaten Ethan in his arms. "Back up." I turned the lighter on then pressed it to the wall. I didn't stop until a nice flame erupted. I blew on it then the whole wall started to burn. I pocketed the item then took Cash's hand and we sped off.

That's part thirty two! I hope you enjoyed it!

Peace.
Love.
Out.