Part 14 - Power Pt. 1

I woke up the next morning, feeling a lot better than I had previously. Cash's arms are still wrapped around me only looser since he's asleep. I gently kissed his nose. When that didn't work, I kissed each of his cheeks. And when that didn't work, I kissed his lips. I felt him come to life and he grinned widely. I pulled back with a gentle smile.

"I could wake up to that everyday." Cash whispered. He gave me a soft kiss.

"I wouldn't like to do so." A deep voice said. I sat up in a blur, facing a man. He has deep blue eyes and black hair. A black bandanna covers his mouth and nose. He has two darts in his left hand. One has a foggy tint to it and the other is somewhat purple. My stomach lurched at the second one. I eyed it carefully. "So you know what this is?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Then you know what it will do to you in you don't cooperate."

"What do you want?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the darts.

"You and him. I've already knocked out all your vampire friends out there. I just need the both of you to come with me." He explained. I examined him in one sweep of an eye. He has a stake and a gun with wooden bullets. He's a hunter. Cash grabbed my hand. He's worried. I took a deep breath in through my nose. He doesn't know how fast I am. He just knows I'm a vampire. If I move, he could shoot Cash. Unless. "Get up." I got up. Cash followed, walking behind me with our hands still held. This guy is really untrained. I ran forward after dropping Cash's hand and shoved my own hand through the hunter's chest. He dropped the darts. Cash swooped in and unarmed him. "Kill me and you alert my team." I laughed. I leaned forward. My eyes dilated then his followed.

"Where's your team?"

"None existant." He replied.

"Leave and forget about vampires the second you walk out that damned door." I released him and then he walked out. Cash breathed a sigh of relief.

"Damn I'm lucky to have you." Cash whispered. He gave me a kiss after hugging me from behind. I leaned back into his arms.

"Fuck..." I muttered. I pressed the bottom of my palm to my forehead.

"What's wrong?"

"That was my first time using compulsion." I whispered. Cash softly turned me around. I smiled and playfully rolled my eyes when he hinted to his neck. "I think you're starting to like this." I went to bite him, but he pushed me away with a hand over his mouth. "Cash?" He darted for the bathroom. I followed at a faster speed. I rubbed his back as he puked into the toilet. "Hey, I can't heal these kinds of sicknesses." Cash upchucked again. I bit my lip, feeling sad for him. He went one more time then leaned against the bathtub. His head hung back.

"If you feed from me, would you get sick?" Cash mumbled. I shook my head.

"But I'm not going to now. I still have blood bags. We should take you to a doctor."

"It's probably just the flu." Cash brushed it off. "Or maybe it was that pizza..." I touched Cash's forehead. "No, not the pizza. Maybe it was my breakfast. Did I undercook my eggs?" Cash rambled. He's burning hot. His touch is usually warm against my skin, but this is outrageous.

"I will be right back." I whispered to him. I put down my shields and opened up my mind to feel what Cash does. I got up and ran downstairs. Everyone's up and not knocked out cold. "Macy!" I yelled. I felt extremely lucky that she's going to med school. Four more years, and she'll have her degree. "Cash is sick and has a really high fever." I shot out the moment I saw her.

"First of all, it might be really hot due to how cold your own temperture that you feel."

"He's rambling and puked three-" I felt my stomach lurch. "Four times." I corrected. Macy and I went back upstairs.