(WARNING - MAJOR FILLER, SHORT PART!) Part 22 - You're Scaring Me

I stared thoughtfully at my options. "Just pick anything!" Damien whined. He's bobbing Kylie on his hip as we stand in Wal-mart.

"His birthday is tomorrow and I have no clue what to get him. He's turning nineteen, Damien." I rambled to my eldest brother. Damien sighed.

"Have you tried his siblings?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "Why do you think you're here?"

"How about you just don't get him anything? He loves to be in your presence. Just be there."

"Okay! Okay! Let's go home."

~

I walked into Cash's bedroom, leaping onto his bed. I heard Cash laugh from his desk. "Cash?" I inquired.

"Yeah?" He replied. I rolled over to face him.

"What do you want for your birthday? I spent all damn day and came up with nothing." I growled mostly to myself.

"I don't want anything, Lynn. I'm happy with just going to school and cuddling you tomorrow night." Cash dove into the bed, pulling me into his arms. I giggled right before our lips met. "Now, we have to go to school. Come on." I groaned. We got in Cash's car then he drove us to school. Julie scowled at us as we walked in, but nothing else has changed. "Did you enjoy our weekend for what it was worth?"

"Yeah. I loved all the cuddle time and the kissing and the touching and the flirting." I rambled.

"Hey, newborn, you need to cool it before you start something you won't get to finish." Cash joked. I smiled happily.

~

Lunch came around and Cash had been acting a bit weird throughout it. He seemed afraid to be super close to me. "Hey, are you alright?" I asked when we were alone in an empty classroom. Cash swallowed nervously. I tried reading his emotions again, but all I got were fakes. "Cash, I'm not stupid. You may be able to use my tricks to shield your emotions from me, but you cannot get away with fakes."

"Just drink, Lynn. I want to go home and sleep. I'm just tired." Cash tried to brush it off.

"Cash!" I exclaimed, slapping his arm. "Fine. You want to play moody teen, I'll play hungry vampire." I hissed, flashing him my fangs and red eyes. Cash flinched. I went to leave, but Cash grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"Believe me, I want to tell you, but I can't. Please drink, Lynn." I gave in. I pushed my fangs through the skin on his neck. He wrapped his arms around my torso. "Know that I love you now and I always will." He said after I finished. I pulled back all the way and looked at him skeptically.

"Cash, you're scaring me." I whispered.

"Don't be scared." Cash gave me a rough kiss. I let him kiss me, barely kissing him back myself. We parted then went on our way to class.

~

I lie awake, staring at the sleeping face of my mate. I want to tap into his memories, but I really don't at the same time. If he wants to tell me, he'll tell me.

"I wish you would." I whispered. A soft knock came on the door. I sped out of Cash's arms and to the door. I opened it to find Maverick on the otherside.

"Hey." He whispered.

"Hey." I said back. I glanced back at Cash, worry probably inscribed on my face.

"Whatever is wrong, you'll both get through it." Maverick assured me.

"I'm not so sure this time, Mav." I disagreed.

"Well, what do you think is wrong?"

"I'm not sure, but I have a feeling that it has something to do with Julie."

"Julie? Why Julie?"

"She's the only one brave enough to stand up to me. And she wouldn't stop smirking today. Especially after lunch." I crossed my arms over my chest. "I should get back to bed before Cash wakes up and notices my absence. See you tomorrow Maverick."

"See you tomorrow. Oh, and Ashlyn, try not to be too hurt about this, okay?" I softly nodded my head.

That's part twenty two! Drama in the next one, guys and gals! I'm so excited! What do you think will happen?

Peace.
Love.
Out.