Part 6 - Torture

I woke up in Cash's arms on his bed. He'd fallen asleep shortly after crying. He wouldn't let me leave and I couldn't find it in my heart to do so. Cash started to stir. He opened his blue eyes and looked into my crystal ones.

"Hey." I whispered.

"How long have you been up?" He asked.

"Not long at all." I replied.

"It's Friday." Cash mumbled.

"Yeah. What's on Friday?"

"The basketball game everyone is always hyped for. I'm the captain." A proud smile is on Cash's face. I brushed some of his hair from his eyes. We just stared at one another for a long while. Cash leaned in a bit and I didn't stop him. I swear, our lips were about to touch when the door opened. My head snapped to Maverick and Cash sat up instantly.

"What is going on in here?" Maverick asked. He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned on the doorway, a smirk on his face as his blue eyes flicked between us. "Cash, you have a girlfriend." I could hear the teasing tone in Maverick's voice.

"Get out of here, Mav." Cash grumbled, lying on his bed.

"How'd you get in?" Maverick asked me. I smirked and pointed at the window. His surprised face pleased me.

"I have to go. My clothes are at my house. Bye, Maverick. Bye, Cash." I gave Cash a smile. Maverick left and the moment he did, Cash raced to my side.

"Can I take you to school?" He inquired, a smirk on his face. I nodded my head. His smirk broke out into a grin. I hopped off the windowsill and landed perfectly on my feet. "Damn..." I heard Cash muttered. I got a running head start and jumped up. "Careful." Cash warned. I made it into my room and waved to Cash. He waved back and shut his window.

I got ready for the day then met Cash at his car. He grinned upon seeing me. Maverick smirked at his little brother and whispered something into his ear before heading inside.

"Hey!" Cash exclaimed once I reached him. "Are you busy this weekend?"

"No. Not that I know of. Why do you ask?"

"Want to go to the gulf with me? Just you and me, actually." I smiled and gave him a nod.

"Sure. I'd love to."

"Meet me here tonight after the game. Are you going to the game?" Cash seemed hopeful that I would.

"Yeah." We got in the car. Again, all eyes were on us. Julie came up to me and slapped me. My head didn't move as all. She clutched her hand in pain. "Julie, he's just being nice. He's not going to dump you." I assured her. I leaned down next to her ear. "Yet." I smiled sweetly and walked past her. I turned back and waved to Cash who waved back to me. I grinned.

We sat together in every class except lunch because Julie pulled him away then. I was just about to walk into the gym when I felt a pinch in my neck. I reached up to find a dart. My world went black.

~

I groaned. I lifted up a hand to shield my eyes from the blinding light. Once my eyes adjusted, I could see a certain figure in the background.

"Dad?" I whimpered. I scooted against the wall, trying desperately to get away.

"I'm going to make this simple. I'm going to beat you up and leave you on the Baker's doorstep. Or, actually, in his bedroom." Dad told me with a smile on his face.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him.

"Because you took my wife away from me. Now, you'll have to tell him what you are for he'll see your injuries and question how you magically healed the next day or you'll have to tell him because you need to feed from him. Either one." He grabbed a long stick. I quickly identified it as a taser. He had someone pull me up and cuff me to the wall. My legs, arms, and waist were unmovable. My head hung for I can't do anything while suffering from the effects of vervain. I slowly realized that I'm only in a bra and panties. He placed the taser on my stomach and hit the button. I grit my teeth as my body shook from it. "What's wrong? I thought you wanted to die."