Putting It Together

Chapter Thirty-Nine

Katrina's POV

"Come on Elena!" I yelled, "Concentrate!"

"I am!" She snapped back at me.

"Picture yourself lifting off the ground." I explained.

Today I was teaching Elena how to levitate. She was a master at the elements water, fire, and earth. She only needed to master air, the hardest element to conjure. Air is untamed, a wild beast. Elena had her eyes closed an her body tense.

"Relax. Breathe through your nose, out your mouth." My voice soothing.

She followed my instructions, the air started to move around her. Her hair lifting slightly. The only sound in the room was the whooshing sound air made and Elena's breathing.

"Very good, keep concentrating." I urged. "You are untouchable. You can't be seen. You will not be tamed."

Elena smirked opening her eyes, her feet coming off the ground. She lifted her hands straight out beside her. She went up almost four feet in the air, when she touched the ground again she fists pumped.

I chuckled at her, "How do you feel?"

"Amazing." She grinned.

When you master any elements they become apart of you. Wind is your happiness and rebel side. Fire is your anger and jealousy, earth is your strength and courage. Water is your sadness an patience. There is another element, however it's never been mastered. People has only been able to touch a small amount of its magic. This element is called spirit.

Spirit is your whole being, it is everything that you are. It is your existence on the earth. Holding your soul with pure gentle love. They say spirit is your souls better half, it's mate. Only the purest, strongest soul can combine with spirit. If for some reason spirit feels you becoming tainted with darkness, it shatters your soul to release itself from you.

"You done great Elena." I smiled.

"Thanks. All this training is really draining me." She slurped down a bottle of water.

"Do you want to tap into all the elements at the same time? It will require a lot of concentration. You will need all your strength to do so. Maybe tomorrow will be best."

"Yeah," Elena sighed, "Tomorrow will be better."

I smiled once more at her, "Okay."

"Hey umm...Katrina can I ask you something?"

"Sure." I answered.

"That night t the waterfall what exactly did I do?" She asked nervously.

I could only assume when she changed me, gave me a choice to become light. "Honestly, Elena I have no idea. I've researched an studied books but couldn't find anything like it."

"Oh." She half smiled.

"Can I ask you a question in return?" I asked. She nodded her head an locked at me curiously.

"Where was you when Rose, I mean Rain, died?" I asked.

She frowned, my question taking her by surprise. She took a deep breathe, "A abandoned warehouse, it used to be supply building for a museum."

"What were you two doing there?"

"We always went there to get away from life. Just the two of us. We talked about finding our mates, our futures, hopes and dreams." Elena smiled at the memory.

"You guys were close then?" I smiled kindly.

"Yeah." Her smile dropped a little.

"Closer then you an Ali?" I questioned.