Safe Haven

Chapter Forty-Nine

Unedited

Elena's POV

The pain in my back was excruciating and intensifying in seconds. Nathan was looking at me in shock an fear. My heart was beating so hard in my chest, my rib cage felt like it was snapping. My breathe was shallow as I tried not to breathe to hard because of my ribs.

Everything was turning red, blood running from my eyes. I couldn't stop the agonizing screams that sliced the silence in the air. You could hear fighting above us. Nathan was panicking pacing back and forth.

Rain was back by my cage with a long samurai sword pointing towards the steal door. I could feel Zack near, he was here. Beth has saved my life! I am so glad I healed her broken soul. She deserves to be happy. A sharp pain in my back made me lose my train of thoughts.

"Damn it! What's wrong with her?" Nathan screamed.

"I don't know but be prepared to fight. They've found us!" Rain yelled.

Nathan grabbed a smaller sword from a nearby wall doing the same motion as Rain. Footsteps echoed closer.

"AHHH!" I screamed again this time the pain made me arch my back to the floor. "Make it stop!"

"Elena!" I heard my beautiful mates voice.

"Zack!" I called out. "Help me!"

Then the steal door burst off the hinges. Rain already fighting my mate. Nathan fought Jason as my father tried to break the bars holding me captive. I could feel the element fire boil like lava from my finger tips. Bloody tears poured from my eyes. I tried to raise myself from the ground but the more I moved, the pain would increase.

It crept up deep in my bones. My spine started to rip open my skin, exposed. I screamed as I felt something sprout from my back. A whooshing sound filling the cage. The pain slowly began to disappear. Everyone froze staring at me. I sighed with relief as the pain came to a final stop.

"She's...shes..." Rain whispered her eyes wide.

Zack took his opportunity to push Rain against my cage. I ran with my unnatural speed over to her and drained every ounce of blood from her. Rain struggled against mine and my mates grips until her blood no more in her body. Zack dropped her lifeless body to the ground making a hard thump.

"Found trouble to get into little mate?" Zack grinned.

I smiled back at him, "No." I remembered the firsts time he said that to me.

Nathan screamed as Jason held him down to the ground. "Hey Zack want the pleasure of killing this piece of shit?"

Zack growled with eager. "Certainly."

Zack's POV

I grabbed the mutt by the throat chocking the breathe from his lungs. His eyes filled with fear as tears dropped from his eyes. The eyes that lusted over MY mate. I let go of him, he landed on the ground gasping for air. He had no strength to fight back the little fucking mutt was pure weak. Jason did a dandy on him, but I'm going to end him.

I quickly pulled his left arm from the socket, taking my nails slicing the flesh. With more force I had removed his left arm. A arm that had touched MY mate. I did the same to his right arm, screams curling from his mouth. I smiled satisfied with the pain I was bring onto him.

He deserve everything he is feeling with for all the suffering he brung to MY mate. I lifted him by his throat once more squeezing harshly. I dropped him again, bring the side of my palm to his knee. I heard a cracking noise, I continued to do this until his knee was completely shattered.

I repeated that to his other knee. His screams voicing the agony he was in. Blood was everywhere at this point. I smiled, knowing this mutt was going to die by my hands. I laughed at him, a sinister sound consuming my laughter. The mutt was a mangled body on the floor.

I turned to face my mate. Blood covering my hands. Blood drenching my clothes. I searched my mates body. She had wings the color of snow. They were pure in its fullest form. Her eye lashes were extended when she looked at me. I ran to her pulling her close to me. I kissed her beautiful face everywhere I could.

"I've missed you." She whispered.

"I've missed you too." I kissed her lips.

"You saved me." She kissed my lips again.

"Yes. I always will." I said between kisses.

"Your my safe haven." She whispered.

"Yes." I whispered.

Elena's POV

"Baby girl?" My father cleared his throat.

I pulled back from Zack an smiled at my father. "Hey dad."

"Elena your part bird." Jason mumbled.

"What are you talking about?" I frowned.

Zack spoke,"He's talking about these."

Zack's fingers caressed something on my back. I looked over my shoulder to see white wings spiraling from my back.

"That explains the pain." I gasped.

"Are you alright?" My father searched me up an down, making sure I was fine.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Uhh." Beth groaned.

"Beth?" Jason lifted one brow.

"What's she doing here?" My father asked.

"She is the one who told you guys where I was." I answered and leaned down beside Beth.

"She's back the way she was?" Jason whispered.

"Yup." I said making the popping noise on the 'p'.

Beth's eyes started to flutter open. "Did they not come." She coughed.

"We're here." My father took her hand an helped her stand. "Thank you for saving my daughters life."

"Your welcome Beta." She half smiled.

"Let's get out of here." My mate took my hand in his as we walked out of the prison.

"How is Beth back to her normal self?" Jason whispered to me.

"Me." I shrugged.

"Elena?" My mother narrowed her eyes.

"Hi mom." I grinned.

"Since when do you have wings?" Her eyes wide.

"Since she completed the change and became the Angel of Life." Annalise walked towards us.

"Angel of Life? That's what Elena used to call Zack when she firsts meet." Katrina said.

"Yes, now Elena must come to my realm with me." Annalise nodded avoiding our glazes.

"What?" My mate grimaced.

Hey guys please vote!!!!! What do you think? It is important to me to know your thoughts on this chapter! So please comment!!!!!!!