Chapter 18

Dedicated to CurseAginte
..........

"...... I want you to spare my people" Cordilia replied, Elreste blinked in surprise

"I am not dumb. You have been floating in the ocean for awhile now and it's freezing cold, you manage to survive, why is that? You are either a soldier that went through a lot of training or something like that" Cordilia said as she placed the necklace on the table.

"But then again, you must be of royal blood" Cordilia added

"How can you be so sure of your assumption?" Elreste asked

"...... Your eyes. Its purple. I have read that only the royal family had the eye color like that it's a dominating gene." Cordilia said before she heard a rustle outside her tent.

"Miss Cordilia, your brother said to hurry up, we are leaving in half an hour" Lily called outside, Cordilia stood up. She gave a nod to Elreste.

"So I've heard. Next time, don't let them boss you around, you're not a messenger but my apprentice. You're losing me a bit of face when you yeild at their demands" Cordilia said as she opened the tent flaps.

"Of course, Miss President" Lily nodded.

Cordilia closed the tent behind her. Even separated by a small cloth wall, Cordilia could still feel the piercing stare. 'Scary ah! (╥_╥)'

"Where is Charles? I want to speak with my brother" Cordilia said, Lily pointed at the tent not far away, Cordilia gave her thanks as she walked over.

Elreste stood up from the futon. He surveyed his surroundings. Walking over to a few bags and rummaging through them. All are clothes, books and writing materials.

"Not even weapons. Got some self confidence" He scoffed before Elreste grabbed his necklace, staring at it for awhile before putting it on.

"Here's your change of clothes. My coachman had said that we'll be arrived in a town at noon. Our destination is Red Willow Kingdom. It's best if you stayed with us in the meantime." the girl entered, Cordilia, and handed the neatly piled bundle of clothes.

"You should also flashed your identity around. Not many had remembered of Aginte Empire, it has been hundreds of years since it was mentioned. It was a miracle I found some articles of it in the library" Cordilia said before she walked over to a nearby bag and walked out.

Elreste stared at the door blankly, 'Didn't even gave me a chance to speak'

Elreste wore the clothes, it was just his size. Exiting the tent, Elreste found servants began dismantling the tents and tidying things up.

It turns out there are inside a cave, by the shore. Elreste kept his cool as he stood there, observing everyone. The only person he recognised is Cordilia, obviously. Cordilia waved him over.

"Everyone, this is Elreste Aginte. He'd be joining us from now on" Cordilia motioned Elreste.

"Sir Aginte, this is my brothers, Charles Jade, Ken Jade, and Henry Jade. This is my apprentice, Lily Montana. His highness the Crown Prince Robert Stephan Gardenia, and the Second Prince Leonard Sky Gardenia. My fellow SSG members, Vice President Peter Scott, Secretary Anna Norman, Assistant Secretary(and other mob characters I am too lazy to mention) ........ And finally, me, SSG President, Cordilia Jade" Cordilia said

"Greetings to you kind sirs and graceful misses. I will be in your care for now" Elreste said politely.

"Which Kingdom is he from?" Leonard frowned, disliking the fact that the newbie was standing way too close with Cordilia.

'Don't go overboard! That's my girl, fuck off! (‡▼益▼)' Leonard glared harshly

'Why is he glaring at me?' Elreste frowned as he stared at Leonard whom shifted his heated gaze to Cordilia, changing that envious and jealous look into warm admiringly passionate gaze, '..... Tsk'

"Now, its best if we eat our breakfast in the carriage, we're already behind schedule. If we continue traveling for the entire day without stopping, we could arrive tomorrow at Red Willow Kingdom in the morning" Cordilia said as the others nodded and then scattered around.

"You'll be riding with me" Cordilia told Elreste as she walked away.

".... Bossy woman" Elreste shove his hands to his pockets.

Lily wanted to protest, however, a glare from Cordilia shut her up pretty fast.

"Why are you guys even traveling?" Elreste finally ask to break the silence, the girl looked up from her book and stared at him for awhile before going back to what she was doing.

"We're from the Kingdom of Gardenia, from Shooting Star Academy. I am heading towards Red Willow to pay a visit to my fiancé, also, to survey Rising Royals Academy while we're at it" Cordilia answered after a few moments of silence.

"Political Marriage" Elreste murmured

"You're not seemed to be bothered by it" Elreste said

"I don't mind. A small price to pay after saving my life, plus, it's the best way to form an alliance. I want my people safe, the peace between Gardenia and Red Willow is running thin, and honestly, I don't want it to snap for minor misunderstanding. Red Willow Kingdom focused mainly on Military, Gardenia is riched in agriculture and literature. Tell me, if the two were to fight, which would be in a disadvantage?" Cordilia asked

"You're very interesting. Usually, girls these days spends time caking themselves with makeup, flirting with boys, and thinking about love" Elreste said as he leaned back, observing how the girl's usual cold demeanor morphed into annoyance.

"Your belief on the opposite species is quite narrow than a hole in a sewing needle." Cordilia stared flatly as she shifted on her seat in a more comfortable yet lazy posture

"Not everyone is the same, you should know, even twins aren't identical. We all have our own individuality. They have their own belief and most just choose what they wanted to do, I, however, thinks otherwise, my principles is just different from theirs, thus separating me from the flock"Cordilia said before she gave him a glance.

"You shouldn't be that much surprise either, doesn't this applied to you as well?" Cordilia asked, they stared at each others eyes before Elreste looked away, turning his gaze outside the carriage with an amused glint in his eyes.

'Interesting indeed' he chuckled inwardly