Chapter 25

Cordilia panted as she finally halted as she took a few deep breaths as she leaned on the wall for support.

Cordilia perked up when footsteps approaching her. Cordilia turned to the direction to see Leonard, approaching. Cordilia then faced towards in front of her.

"Cordilia" hands shot up, grasping her by her waist and Cordilia gasp in surprise as she stumbled back when she got pulled back.

Arms snake around her waist and gripped it tight. Leonard sighed as he buried his face in Cordilia's hair, causing the clip that held her hair in a bun fell off, her hair unfurled and fell to her shoulders and her back as well as on the nonexistent space between Leonard's chest and Cordilia's back.

"Second Prince Leonard" Cordilia choked out

She completely froze, the book on her hands fell on the ground with a thud.

"Miss Jade, don't worry I am here" Leonard said in a very deep voice that held concern and coaxing way.

Cordilia did not know what to do. Actually, Leonard really reminds her of her ex in her past life. They looked exactly the same and have the same name, also have the same habit.

Cordilia's eyes darkened at the reminder. They have broken up not long after they started dating, turns out its a normal occurance. Cordilia remembered the shame that burdens her.

"You're no different than those girls" Cordilia remembered one of her former classmates telling her that when Leonard broke up with her, and on their 2nd monthsary.

Actually, most of the characters really reminds her of a few people that managed to get close to her. Cordilia was about to compose herself to face each and every single one of them. It was painful but as time goes by, she already had gone numb.

"I'm here, Cordilia. Lean on me, I'll never hurt you" Cordilia felt Leonard leaned to her ear and whispered these words.

"I'm here, Darling. Lean on me, I'll never ever hurt you" the Leonard in her last life's words rang through her ears.

Cordilia's eyes flashed in anger and malice, her gaze filled with mockery and killing intent, for the very first time in both two life time, Cordilia felt these emotion. Its dark, Sickening..... And most of all.... It fucking hurts.

"You think it's fuckin funny? Think I am blind!??!" Cordilia struggled and pushed Leonard away, she herself staggered back and with a slight thud, she crashed on the nearby polar.

Cordilia was shaking in fury. The pent up emotions that she kept inside her chest when past Leonard walked away is like a caged beast that have been imprisoned for too long and wanted to break free and cause havoc.

Cordilia lowered her head, bangs shadowing her eyes as she laughed mockingly and bitterly.

"You dare speak that to me when you flirted with someone last night?! Leonard, do you think I am cheap to sell myself short to you!?" Cordilia snarled, gritting her teeth, genuine tears of sadness slid from her eyes to her cheeks and chin, falling to the floor.

"Fucking hell! Am I really that easy to be played with!? Thinking I am a fool" Cordilia clenched her hands, her nails dug on her palms, making it bleed.

Drip, drop, drip, drop.

Drops of blood fell into the white tiles below. Giving an illusion of placing a red rose in a field of white roses.

"Leonard...... Did you take my feelings into consideration? Think a female's reputation is easy to mess with!?" Cordilia looked up, her red eyes looked more enchanting yet had a devilish like charm on it, making shiver and chills spread on one's spine.

"You're a Prince, you're supposed to marry a princess on another kingdom, or have you forgotten who's your fiancée? Oh wait, you have been with too many girl, you probably did not remember" Cordilia sneered as she walked over to him

"So please. I am begging you, stop this growing feelings of yours. I do not love you." Cordilia said, staring straight into Leonard's golden eyes

"So please, leave me alone! Every time I look at you I am reminded on how much of a fool I am in the past. I am begging you, set me free!" Cordilia shoved Leonard back, though the force only cause Leonard to take a single step back

Blood stains was left on his shirt. Cordilia broke down again as she turned her back and ran away, crying.

This time she was just running without an aim.

"Cordilia!" Leonard called behind her but Cordilia did not hear him, her ears were ringing.

She did not know how long she had ran but she felt she ran into something. Yelping back as she stumbled back. Cordilia's wrist was grasp and she was tugged forward. Cordilia face smashed on a person's chest. The owner's arms snake around her waist and the other arms on her head, stoking it gently.

"What-" Cordilia's words choked in her throat.

Ba-dump, ba-dump, ba-dump

This embrace.

It's so familiar.

So comforting.

James.

Cordilia's mind flashed. Remembering her best friend for ten years in her last life.

She clung into the person's embrace and wailed pitifully. Crying out her grievances, murmuring curses just to vent her anger out.

Cordilia exhausted herself in crying. She felt quite ashamed for losing her cool and facade. She hated it when everything is out of her control.

Cordilia's puffy red eyes shifted up. Meeting a pair of royal purple eyes.

"....... Sir Elreste" Cordilia murmured as she looked down

"I have troubled you" Cordilia said, her voice raspy and cracked.

'Cordilia, move on. You are no longer on Earth!' Cordilia reprimanded herself inwardly

Cordilia sighed as she tried to push the boy away, he didn't budge. Instead he effortlessly carried Cordilia in a Princess carry.

"Be good, I'll take you back" Elreste said cool, as if the girl did not broke down in his arms and crying for an hour or two.

"......." Cordilia was too exhausted to argue.

She leaned her head on his chest. Letting the thumping of his beating heart lulled her to sleep.

'I remember..... James always holds me...... If I could see him one last time..... How great would it be.....?' Cordilia passed out not too long