Chapter 28

Cordilia kept her face straight as the King in front of her pointed at her and scolded her for recklessly breaking up the alliance between two kingdoms. The others were at the side, watching.

Lily was feeling guilty as well, had it not been for her, the fragile alliance would not have completely broke off.

Prince Isaac was able to stabilise the situation long enough for them to get away. Had it not been for that Cindy girl tattle telling and whining, it would have not end this way. But even if it was Lily's protagonist halo that triggered a cannon fodder to suddenly lose their IQ, Cordilia was the one who stepped in and taught the girl a lesson.

"That's it! This is the end of your reign as the President of the Shooting Star Academy! You are also have a month of suspension!" the King hollered.

"Father!" the Princes and Princess protested

"Your Majesty!" even the officials frowned at this sudden decision but what can they do? He is the king.

Elreste raised a brow at the person with a crown sitting on the extravagant throne.

'Is this man an idiot? Miss Jade is clearly the best candidate to hold the position'

"Yes, your Majesty" Cordilia said, with a hint of mockery

Cordilia did not even protest. Still keeping the calm attitude. She knew this would happen. She took the badge off of her trench coast and placed it on the Red pillow the butter had came over.

"Good. Now you are dismissed! Go before I order someone to off with you head!" the King waved her off, Cordilia bowed and sharply turned around, walking towards the door. Pausing in front of Lily.

"I do hope you know how to stand on your feet now. I won't always be there to protect you. Without my position, you are prone to mockery and bullying. I hope you are ready" Cordilia said before she continued walking as if nothing happened.

"Mistress" Lily bit her lip in distress., Cordilia's steps did not falter as she continue to walk, her personal maid and butler flunked her sides.

'So I was right.....alrught Your Majesty, if this is how you want it to be played. Fine by me. Embarrassing me in front of so many people, let's see if you can still hold you head high when I am done with you. I will make you eat your words' Cordilia though darkly, a sinister smiled bloomed on her face, resembling the Villainess she ought to be.

Cordilia over worked herself as she began writing a new book, well she plagiarised it in modern era she came from, thinking its very fitting for the occasion. It was a thick book, a novel of course.

When she had her maid secretly go to the publisher house for a massive release. Cordilia also had alot of posters scattered around the Kingdom about her official signing of books. 3 days before her suspension is lifted up, enough time for the people's gossip to spread.

'What King? What Monarchy? With the public's opinion and modern knowledge, the world is mine. What's the use of a King you would throw a priceless treasure for a fish eye?' Cordilia thought as she crossed her arms, a smirk on her face.

'Originally, I don't want to bother with these kind of thing. However, the King is really provoking me. Humiliation? I'll send it back to you a thousand fold, making you suffer a crushing defeat. I don't want to become a Villainess, but Plot sama really is testing my bottom line' Cordilia thought darkly

Cordilia is a very prideful person and her ego is as vast as the Pacific ocean. Being struck and kicked while down, really it took a slight damage. Of course, Cordilia, from the Modern Era was used to equality and at least majority of the Modern Era population are smart enough to not step on other people. In the current world she is in however was a total reversal. Nobles have no respect on their employees really triggered Cordilia's eerie. Cold and uncaring as she is, Cordilia did not like this kind of discrimination but she made no move to stop it because this is 'tradition'.

'Tradition your mother! ( ꒪Д꒪)ノ! How about we reverse the situation. Let's see if you can still say, "Its tradition!" so casually!'

[Your Mother: its another form of curse words in China, its like saying (F*ck your mother)]

Of course, Cordilia was being over reacted but she did not like the look on the King' s eyes when looking at her. It was like a predator looking at a downed prey. He was relieved and satisfied that Cordilia whom humiliated his children, made trouble in the Red Willow Kingdom, was knocked off her high horse. If Cordilia was a man, it would be wonderful, however, she is not. A powerful woman is great however controlling them is difficult. Cordilia was aware what the King was thinking. He is reducing her influence as much as possible as well as surpress the Jade Household that was accumulating power these past few years.

"Seems I need to take my role very seriously then. Isaac, you should not worry anymore. I am fulfilling my role, as what you have insisted.... Too bad it's not the way to wanted" Cordilia chuckled in amusement as she tapped her fingers on the arm rest with the rhythm she could only hear

"I have been avoiding many things that could be advantageous for me, how regretful...." Cordilia hummed lightly as she shifted her eyes on the book in front ofnher

"It's doesn't matter. Important puppets are already in my hands, just waiting for the puppet master to pull the strings....." Cordilia smiled as she stood up and walked over to the large French window that reached from the ceiling and down to the floor.

Cordilia gazed at the moon, unreable expression on her face.