chapter thirty one

Third POV

"Hoseok? Is that you?"

"Hyejin? Woah, uh hey..you work here?"

Both were fixed in their standing positions and could barely make a move, Hyejin just kept looking while Hoseok tried his best to maintain the awkward smile.

"S-So what are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to buy some snacks, for the members."

"All the way from your house?" She asked, since he lived quite a distance from this convenience store outlet.

He nodded, and placed his stuff on the counter.

"Ah, let me get that for you." She quickly processed after realising they've been standing for about 5 minutes now.

"It'll be 7400 won."

He paid for it and took the plastic bag. Hyejin thought he would have left after that, but instead he went over to sit down at the side.

"Aren't you going back?"

"Not yet, I'll go after your shift. It's dangerous for you to be working so late."

Her POV

It hit me hard that Jung Hoseok was right in front of me, I forgot how to breathe for a second and had to blink continuously to convince myself that this was real.

He's going to wait for me till I end my shift? Jung. Hoseok. Is. Waiting. For. Me.

"I- Uh are you sure you'd wanna wait till like 12? I don't want to waste your time on me."

"I don't have anything on till tomorrow, it's fine. Anyways, we can catch up too can't we?"

"Yeah...I guess."

I quickly turned around and pretended to do something, grabbing the magazine by the side and briefly reading through it. Funny enough, BTS was mentioned in it.

15 minutes has passed, Hoseok was still munching on some snacks and I was cleaning almost every part of the store. I didn't know what to do, what was I supposed to do with a guy who's waiting for my shift to end?

"Hey Hyejin, can I ask you something?" He finally breaks the silence.

"Yeah of course."

"Have you ever seen me as more than a friend?"

His POV

I needed to ask her, and it wasn't because I was desperate for an answer, I just wanted to know how she felt about me.

The store wasn't that spacious, so even a sound of a paperclip could be heard. I noticed how Hyejin had been cleaning around for a while now, so I started the conversation.

"Have you ever seen me as more than a friend?"

"I..I'm not too sure about that. I'm sorry." She spoke as though what she said was an offense. Non taken though.

"Oh, ah I see. That's cool."

"How's your schedule been like? I think you guys must have been practicing a lot for the tour coming in a few weeks." She changed the subject.

"Well, we're doing fine with everything now. Just excited to see our fans."

"And soon you're going to see more from other countries right?"

"Yeah, a lot of  traveling too. So uh, how's you and Hyukbin?"

Then she stopped all of a sudden when her phone rang. I wondered who it was, but then I saw her smile instantly.

"Oh my god hey Hyuck! What's up?" She exclaimed, while beaming with a joy.

I could almost hear his voice, but not really. Hyejin seemed so happy to be talking to him, she probably is. Her smile kept on widening further up to her cheekbones, her eyes were even twinkling. They must've gotten closer while I've been too busy with my schedule. And so I realised that I didn't need an answer from her anymore, because it was obvious.

She liked him and not me.

Thursday 12:03am

hyejin (๑・̑◡・̑๑): hey..you left the store, is everything okay?

you: no it's alright, i'm sorry if i didn't stay with you after your shift ended

you: did u get home safe though?

hyejin (๑・̑◡・̑๑): yeah i did

hyejin (๑・̑◡・̑๑): hoseok i still feel really bad that i couldn't answer your question

you: oh

you: that's fine, i didn't need an answer

hyejin (๑・̑◡・̑๑): are u sure? you wanted to know about me and hyuckbin right?

you: it's getting late, i think we should sleep

hyejin (๑・̑◡・̑๑): i guess ur right haha

hyejin (๑・̑◡・̑๑): have a good night :)

you: you're so different now
Message not sent!

you: you've changed.
Message not sent!

you: night :-)

oomf this was sucha bad chapter im sorry!!!!!! i really friggin am :////,, bUT I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT

oomf this was sucha bad chapter im sorry!!!!!! i really friggin am :////,, bUT I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT. i miGHT be making another story soon and it won't exactly be updated frequently (currently like this book at the moment) BUT ILL TRY MY BEST TO oKAY.

and YES that is a picture of hoseok taken by me and um im too lazy to watermark it and i have other photos so-

um i hope you guys have a good one, please stay tuned for the new book :D