1. the one at the beginning

Wednesday, 5th of November, 2014

My roommate (and probably best friend, but that was quite often debatable) slept with her film studies professor again. If she had of listened to all the pep talks I had given her in the past, she would've known how dumb of an idea it was, and yet she still chose to have sex with that older man and thought rambling to me about it afterwards was an even better idea. Honestly, I was on the verge of a migraine.

"It was an accident. I promise," Mila, the so-called best friend and roommate, tried to debate her reasoning. It was the third time, though. Her reasoning had gone out the window after the first encounter.

I hadn't even bothered to look up at her as I sat on a stool at our small kitchen bench, while flipping through the latest issue of Ok! Magazine. However, I did roll my eyes at Mila and scoffed a little too loudly, but it helped get my point across.

"Will you pay attention to me?" Mila asked and I could imagine the way her brows would have creased as she asked me had I actually been looking at her.

Instead, I was reading an article on Margot Robbie and a mystery guy she was spotted with, and it was far more interesting than Mila's petty professor problems-which, honestly, shouldn't even be a thing, because I doubt sleeping with her professor was something that's recommended in the student handbook as a fun time. "Can't. Busy," I managed to reply, even if it was only two simple words.

"Suzanne Penelope Lestrange," Mila spoke sternly. Use of my full name-proper given name, as well as middle and last names, all included-was an obvious sign that she clearly meant business. She had also slipped her hand under the cover of Ok! Magazine and slammed it shut. "Are you going to listen to me or should I just talk to the sack of potatoes in the pantry? I'm sure I'll get the exact same reaction from it as I'm getting from you."

I scrunched up my nose at her, feeling a little annoyed she ruined my reading time, before it occurred to me what she had said. So, I raised an eyebrow at her. "We have potatoes?"

Mila placed her hand onto the bench and glared at me. "That is what you took from that?"

"What else do you want me to say, Mila?" I asked with a sigh.

"I don't know." She frowned and folded her arms across her chest. "But some form of opinion would be great."

Rubbing my hands together as I sat them atop the kitchen bench, I gave Mila and all-knowing look. "You already know my opinion on the matter, and how I don't think it's going to end well because you're going to get hurt. It happens all the time to you and you know that. Plus, Mila, he's your professor! Doesn't that weird you out even the slightest bit?"

She scrunched up her nose at me before she shrugged. "I know he's a bit older, Suzy, but he-"

"Is a million years old?"