9. the one with the christmas tree

Tuesday, 16th of December, 2014

"Is your phone charged?"

"Yes, Mina."

"Is there lots of space for photos?"

"Yes, Mina."

"Is there en—"

"Mina," I interrupted her, wrapping my hand around her small wrist as she went to take my phone from me. "Whatever it is, I'm sure I've done it."

Right from the moment I had asked Mina whether it was okay that went for ice cream with Harry, she had been in an absolute frenzy. She had spent over an hour the night before choosing what dress she wanted to wear, as well as the perfect shoes and coat to match. Many, many questions about where we were going, if I had enough space on my phone to take photos, and if I was actually serious, had left her lips time and time again. And every single time, she got the exact same answer.

We were meeting Harry at an ice cream parlor of his request, one that was out of the way to make sure there would be no paparazzi or a lot of people in sight, at one in the afternoon. He had already texted me the address, so all we had to do was get ready and go. Mina, on the other hand, was so anxious about it. Apparently she had created quite a name for herself in her friendship group, because she had not only met Harry, but her older sister was friends with him. I wasn't exactly sure that that was news I wanted to get out, especially after the worries Harry had instilled on me with the Twitter followers, but I figured a bunch of six year olds could do no harm.

Then, on the other side of the spectrum, there was Papa. He didn't exactly like the idea of us meeting someone he didn't know for ice cream, but I had ensured him over and over again that Harry was trustworthy and everything was going to be fine. He still hadn't been won over, but even if there was a little looking down on my decision, he said it was fine to take Mina with me. I just hoped that he wouldn't choose to search up Harry's name online, because who knew how that may end.

By half twelve, the time I had told Mina that we would leave, she was waiting by the door and yelling at me to hurry up. Her coat and beanie were on, her purse over her shoulder, and her eyebrows were becoming more and more creased as I took an extra few minutes to make my way to the door. After a lot of hassle and banter from Mina, we were finally in the car and driving to the parlor. It was around twenty minutes away and hidden in a back street, but I managed to find it. We got there with a few minutes to spare, enough for Mina to take a few deep breaths, before we walked inside, the bell ringing above the door.

Harry was already waiting inside, sitting in a booth towards the back. He stood up as soon as he saw us, flashed us a smile, and then waved us over. Mina took a few steps slowly, as if she was trying to keep her cool, but then ran up to him and threw her arms around him.

"Hi, Mina," Harry greeted her, bending his knees to get down to her level and wrap his arms around her. "You give such nice hugs." I couldn't see Mina's face, but I knew she would have be beaming from ear to ear. Harry pulled back from the hug and stood up, smiling at me. "Hello, Suzy," he said, leaning forward to press a kiss against my cheek in greeting. "Nice to see you again."