14. the one with very little brunch

Harry's texts are bold, Suzy's are italic

Thursday, 1st of January, 2015

"I need a moral compass that doesn't always point to dick."

Practically choking on my tea after both the surprise of her being there and what she said, I looked up to see Mila strolling into the kitchen with her phone in her hand, looking like a right mess after the night before. "What?!" I managed to get out, mid coughing fit.

She sat down next to me at the table, looking as bad as I felt, and waited for me to finish coughing before she continued. "And I don't just mean any dick, I mean his dick."

I raised my eyebrow at her in confusion, lacking any form of comprehension while my body was in full hangover mode. Given the amount of alcohol I consumed, it didn't surprise me that I had woken so suddenly early in the morning, only to rush straight off to the toilet and spend the next hour curled up on the tiles. There was a slight chance I may have fallen back asleep like that, and there was an even more slight chance I may have used a toilet roll as a pillow.

Mila didn't say anything in retaliation to my confused brow, she just passed me her phone. It was open to a message thread, and as soon as I read the contact name, I looked up at her and sighed. "Really, Mila? The point of last night was to go out and have a bit of fun away from Professor Hopkin, not so you could get so hammered you end up drunk texting him, anyway!" I tried not to raise my voice, because it would only hurt both her and my head even more, but this whole situation was really starting to frustrate me. "You can't even go one night without—wait," I paused, realising what she said. "Did you say stay away from—"

Before I could finish saying what I was saying, I scrolled up the message thread that little bit further, only to find a photo I really did not want to find. Without realising, I relaxed my hands with horror and her phone suddenly dropped to the table, and my mouth hung wide.

"Jesus, fuck! You could have broken my phone!" Mila snapped, snatching her phone back up and using her shirt to wipe the screen.

"I... Just... Saw... His... Dick..." My words came out between sharp breaths and gags, because I was certain I was about to throw up again. I didn't think I had any contents left in my stomach, but after seeing what I did, my nausea was at an all time high. "I just saw Professor Hopkin's dick," I repeated, still in complete disbelief.

Mila was still frowning over the fact that I almost broke her phone, while I was actually debating whether I was going to be sick or not. I had a feeling that this was going to be a long morning. If dealing with a hangover was the ice cream, having to put up with Grumpy Mila was the topping, and then having to go to Nick Grimshaw's house and face everyone was the cherry on top to the Worst New Year's Day Ever.

I decided to completely bypass the professor situation, figuring I would deal with it when I wasn't hating myself for drinking so much, and head down a different route that I knew wouldn't end in my favour. "Do we really have to go to Nick's?" I questioned Mila — she finally stopped being grumpy and decided to make herself a coffee — though we both knew what the answer was. "Can't we just, I don't know, pretend we're super hungover and can't get out of bed."