26. the one where there's cuddling

Tuesday, 21st of April, 2015

As per instruction, I found myself down a side street not too far from the airport, sitting in my car and pretty much twiddling my thumbs as I waited. I arrived earlier than I needed to, but I was antsy out of anticipation of seeing Harry again. It had only been a couple of weeks since I had last seen him in person, though we talked on the phone or messaged one another a lot, and I couldn't have been more excited. It was weird that I found myself feeling so happy because of a guy yet again, but I knew that Harry wasn't playing any mind games or wouldn't ever hurt me on purpose like a particular ex-boyfriend of mine had.

As for said ex-boyfriend, he wasn't in the picture as much as he was the few weeks before. What Mila had said to me that one evening in our kitchen really made a lot of sense—it just wasn't worth it. It was nostalgic, sure, and while I did feel like there were all these changes going on in my life, I knew that was one change that needed to be made for the better. Jasper still tried to get in contact with me on a regular basis, but I had definitely cut down on replying. I made an excuse of working in admin at Papa's lawyer firm quite a bit while the usual girl was away sick, though that really wasn't the case. I had gone in one day because of a nasty flu going around, but that had been about it. I needed an excuse at the time, and a day's work at the firm had sure come in handy for more than just Papa.

On the other hand, Harry couldn't have been more lovely and kind and respectful towards me, and I was really beginning to worry about how deep my feelings for him really were. But I tried to not think about that and only focused on the present, like we had agreed first in Australia and again twice since our holiday had come to an end.

Harry had still been reluctant about me driving all the way to the airport just to pick him up, and even more so when it came to potential paparazzi waiting around for a glimpse of anyone remotely known arriving or departing the airport, so we had come to a compromise of me driving close enough to the airport that I still considered it picking him up but far enough away that no one would see us.

And now it was all just a waiting game for his arrival.

I was halfway through a round of one of the games on my phone, which usually only got attention when Mina was using it, when a car pulled up behind me, surprising me to the point I nearly slammed my fist onto the car horn. I waited patiently (or so I would like to believe) as I spotted two figures inside the car shifting around, until the passenger door opened and out walked Harry. My heart rate instantly began to speed up at the sight of him, though I couldn't deny its already increased pace as the day had gone on and the time to meeting him grew closer and closer.

Through the rear view mirror, I watched Harry grab his duffle bag from the back seat and wave a quick goodbye to the driver before heading towards my car. He had told me beforehand to stay inside my vehicle just in case he had been followed and there were paparazzi on his tail, but I couldn't contain my excitement anymore—it was almost pathetic how much I had missed him and needed to be in his arms again—and opened my door within a split second, running straight towards Harry and his wide eyes.

"Suzy, h—"

Harry was cut off as my body hit his. My arms wrapped around his torso seconds later and my head rested against his chest to the point I swore I could feel his heart beating as fast as my own. My actions weren't matched instantly, but it didn't take long for Harry to drop his duffle bag and surround his arms around me as he pulled me into a tight hug. One hand gripped at my waist, while the other was in my hair, continuing to pull me closer than ever before.

"Hi," I said eventually, shifting my head slightly to glance up at him.

Harry's lips tugged into a small smile as he looked down at me. "Hi."