15. the one where harry is pissed

Tuesday, 13th of January, 2015

In a dire need to prepare for the upcoming tour, Harry was full speed ahead with all band related antics. It was a good thing to obviously be prepared for the tour and a great thing for their fans — Harry explained that their fans got a real enjoyment out of rehearsal snippets and even just seeing them spend time together as a group — except the slight downfall of the whole situation was that he was either too busy or too tired to catch up with me as much as I would have liked. I knew it was kind of real selfish of me to even think that, but since our friendship had recovered and we were putting all things New Years Eve related in the past, I was really enjoying the closeness between us.

We would text each other all the time — Harry had learnt that my careless typing resulted in some unfortunate typos, and I had learnt that Harry's jokes and puns weren't strictly for verbal conversations — and we occasionally spoke on the phone when we were in a rush and couldn't text or when Harry was far too tired to even think about picking up his phone to reply. He was such a busy bee and it was interesting to see that aspect of his life, but I was fine in the comfort of my own home. However, I did manage to meet up with Harry in person twice since the whole ordeal began, and both were quite an experience.

On Thursday, Harry had the afternoon off and I went to his house for an afternoon of fun, though it ended abruptly when he fell asleep in the middle of a film. I had been there for a few hours, and was well aware of how exhausted he was, so I switched off the film, covered him in a blanket, and left him be. I didn't get a message from him until the next morning, saying he had slept for almost 16 hours. If his exhaustion wasn't proved by the amount of sleep he got, then I didn't know what would.

Then, on the weekend, we planned on going out for lunch at a small restaurant that someone in the music industry had recommended to him for being quiet and away from any possible media sources. Lunch went well and I enjoyed spending every moment with Harry in the flesh, but things kind of turned sour as soon as we went to leave and spotted someone with a camera. Harry wouldn't stop apologising for putting me in such a position, especially when we had to hide out in the kitchen for almost 45 minutes before the few paps really did believe we had left out the back. It was a quick dash from the restaurant to Harry's car, because we didn't want to risk anyone catching us since we were aware of their presence, but we made it safely.

I worried about photos arising of Harry and I — not even because I knew it would start rumours of us together, but because I didn't exactly want my face plastered across the tabloids — but Harry insisted that he would be onto his team straight away if anything did come from it. He was sure that all would have been okay, though. The restaurant was pretty closed in, and it was only him that had walked out the door first and spotted the pap. He had been trained well to source all locations to check he wasn't being followed, and while more times than not he was followed, he certainly knew how to watch out for them as time went by.