30: the one with bridal magazines

In the third installment of "8 Days of Oxford Comma," we visit Suzy's world in Oxford with bridal magazines, Harry "escapes" to LA, Suzy is very stressed about end of term and major assignments, and it's the final reveal before the prologue scene takes place.

***

It's a couple of weeks after Suzy and Harry decided to take their relationship to the next level, but they've hardly spent any time together—Suzy's back in Oxford, Harry's in LA... But they both knew exactly what they were getting into. Plus, it's the end of term and Harry would never want to get in the way of her studies. But in more exciting news: the final part of the chapter is the reason behind the prologue scene! The scene does take place next chapter, but this will provide some background info. How exciting!

SCENE ONE

Violet and Bodhi have decided to not have a long engagement as the wedding itself isn't a huge deal to them—they just want to be together forever, but have also made the executive decision to at least wait until the year is over. Waiting until graduation seemed far too long, so while they are still deciding on a date, it doesn't mean Violet can't find her dream wedding dress in the interim. Amongst it all, Violet has also decided that Mila will be her maid of honour, which Suzy understands because as Violet said, "It was so hard to choose, but with Suzy in France and not always able to come to my needs, the decision was easily made."

One evening the three girls—Naomi is off on a date—are sitting amongst bridal magazines and drinking wine as they work on Violet's vision board. At one point, Mila asks whether Bodhi has decided on his groomsmen yet, and Violet announces Harry will definitely be one. Then, of course, the conversation steers towards Suzy and Harry's new relationship; it's only been a few weeks since they've become official, yet it's ironic how they actually saw one another more before there was this label. Harry is in LA for work now, but he had visited for a few days the week before, and Suzy was very impressed with how little they seemed to leave her bedroom.

ARTICLES

Article 1 title: HARRY STYLES ESCAPES TO LA AMIDST LOVERS SPAT

Article 1 content: Rumour has it Harry Styles has "escaped" to LA after a "lovers spat" and is having some much needed downtime with his American friends—the Irving family, especially.

Article 2 title: HARRY STYLES SEEKING NEW DIRECTION

Article 2 content: Inclusive of more rumours about Harry wanting out of the band and how the impending One Direction breakup is near. Photos included of another article of Zayn and Louis being mischievous on tour. Harry has also been seeking the likes of Ryan Tedder and Jack Antonoff to work with.

SCENE TWO

It's nearing the end of term and Suzy is feeling all sorts of stressed—she has major assignments due, finals are coming up, she's still finalising her plans to study abroad, and things at The Punchline have picked up and she's been given more shifts than she has time for (yep...in which I remember she actually has a job). Really, she could do with some sex to de-stress her, but alas, Harry is still in LA and sexting isn't quite cutting it.

Suzy is at work one night and grumpy about everything and everything, but she is holding onto the fact that she will see Harry on the weekend when One Direction perform at Capital FM's Summertime Ball. After the third time she drops a plate, her boss decides to send her home and get some sleep. However, sleep is the last thing on her mind—her French History assignment is calling her name as the due date creeps closer and closer. As she tries to focus on it and not the telly playing in the background for background noise, she is suddenly at attention when the telly in the background mentions Harry; he attended Nick Grimshaw's Topman announcement for a collaboration, then there's a brief mention as well about 1D performing at the Summertime Ball. Suzy takes this as her queue to give up on the assignment for the night, deciding since she no longer has classes she will drive down to London in the morning and surprise Harry.

By morning, though... There is breaking news.

 There is breaking news

ARTICLES

Article 1 title: ONE DIRECTION'S LOUIS TOMLINSON AND ZAYN MALIK CAUGHT ON CAMERA

Article 1 content: Photos leak of Louis and Zayn partying with various girls and substances amidst and post their latest tour. The weed video has also surfaced, but it's even worse—more talking shit on the band as a whole and how fucked up they get before and after shows.

Article 2  title: ZAYN MALIK RACES HOME TO FIANCE AFTER SEX SCANDAL

Article 2 title: After being photographed at Heathrow, it's believed Zayn rushed home to Perrie after the cheating and drugs scandal went public.

***

As stated above, the final articles at the end of this chapter are what would've led into the scene from the prologue—this takes place next chapter, so I will get into more detail about it tomorrow! But all that being said, this seems like a "filler" type chapter, but it's all about that foreshadowing. It's a little hard to tell in just these detailed descriptions, but pretend there were more mentions of Suzy going abroad in a matter of a few months and Harry seeking out songwriters to work with in future.

Still a little weird given it's just a description, but as always, would looove some thoughts on this if you have any! And hint for tomorrow's "chapter" is: It's the prologue scene and there's a very awkward Summertime Ball.