6. the one with the sleepover

Sunday, 7th of December, 2014

Saturday night had ended up being a quiet one, thanks to Harry and I both supporting massive hangovers and not wanting to move all that much for fear we might actually die. It honestly felt like that considering how ill we felt and how much pain our heads had caused us. Plus, my muscles were kind of aching all day, too (along with my heart). People had come and gone all day, and eventually it just left the two of us alone. It was definitely awkward, neither of us really knowing what to say or do, but eventually we decided we should probably feed our stomachs in an attempt of trying to keep something down. Neither felt like leaving the flat, so we just opted for whatever could be found in my fridge — really, it was only noodles and a few slices of cheese. Everyone was going home for a while, so we hadn't gone shopping in quite some time, seeing as we wanted to use whatever was left in the fridge before we left for the holidays.

We had considered cereal first, but when realising there was no milk, noodles sufficed nicely, and I was proud of myself for actually keeping them down. We watched some telly for a while, but after a dreadful day, and not going to sleep 'til almost dawn, we headed off to bed early. I, of course, went to my own room and bed, and Harry set off to Mila's. I had text Mila asking for her permission first, and she said it was fine — as well as letting me know where her secret stash of condoms was.

And so, Harry and I had woken up bright and early Sunday morning — much earlier than I had been awake on a Sunday in a very long time. I was a uni student, after all.

"Good morning," Harry greeted me as I walked into the kitchen and found him by the kettle, making himself a cup of tea. "Want one?"

"Sure," I replied. "There's some peppermint tea in the cupboard above your head. It's probably next to the lavender tea." 'Probably' seemed like the right word to make it sound like I was some sort of neat freak, but I only knew its exact location because I had so many different types of tea in the cupboard, that I put them back in the same spot every single time so that I knew where each type of tea was. You could say I was quite a tea enthusiast, or 'tea freak' as Mila liked to call me. I felt 'enthusiast' was a much nicer word, though.

Harry reached up to the cupboard, and upon opening it he stood back and looked and blinked his eyes in disbelief a few times. "Holy crap, you have a lot of tea."

I shrugged. "I like tea."

"I've noticed," Harry exasperated, shaking his head as he still seemed to not believe what he saw in front of his eyes. "I don't think I've ever seen this much tea in my life, but I love it." He looked at me, showing the pleased look on his face. "You have a great tea collection, Suzy."

My cheeks flushed pink, even if it was the dumbest compliment. "Thank you, Harry."

Harry ended up making me some tea, while I fluttered around the kitchen to cook us up some toast with an assortment of spreads; jams, peanut butter, nutella, honey, and so on. We didn't always have proper food, but we made sure we had all the right things for toast. We clearly had our priorities straight.