𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. INJURIES AND NEW NEWS

CHAPTER EIGHTINJURIES AND NEW NEWS

CHAPTER EIGHT
INJURIES AND NEW NEWS

§ § §

My eyes were wide open as the hippogriff lifted off into the air. Luckily, I didn't have a fear of heights, which also helps when it comes to quidditch. I laughed with glee as Feathermoon lifted high, then leveled out so we were no longer on an incline.

I was amazed. We were in between layers of clouds, some above us and some below us. I looked down and took in a sharp breath at how beautiful everything looked. The green grass was basically glowing, and I could still see the ripples of the gray-bue lake near Hogwarts. And I could see all of Hogwarts itself. I hadn't realized how massive the castle is. The towers of the building still rose higher than Feathermoon and I.

"Giovanna!" I heard someone call and looked behind me to see Harry flying close on Buckbeak.

"Harry, this is amazing!" I laughed. "I never want to go back down."

"Me either!" Harry laughed gleefully.

Feathermoon flew close to Buckbeak so that Harry and I were side by side.

Speeding forward, Feathermoon flew in a circle around the Astronomy tower, followed by Buckbeak and Harry. Once we passed that, we glided smoothly down near the courtyards. I could hear the loud yells of students below. Then, Buckbeak turned and flew down towards the lake.

For a moment I thought that Buckbeak was going to dive straight into the water, until him and Harry began to glide smoothly across the surface of the water. Feathermoon followed and did the same, right next t.o Buckbeak. Harry and I began to slowly and carefully let go with our arms, until we were holding them out to our sides, water spraying us.

Soon, we lifted up into the sky once again, and the two Hippogriffs circled each other midair. Laughing, I sat up, watching Harry's nervous face as each turn made him fear falling. It was hilarious. It was nice, a moment where both of us didn't have to worry about who we are. A moment to be me and him, not The Chosen Ones nor The Potter Twins, just two magical students.

"Giovanna, I think we should head back now." Harry called to me.

"I don't want to." I whined.

"I know, but maybe Hagrid can let us ride them again after class or something. Come on."

We prodded the two Hippogriffs to soar back to the class area, which wasn't that far away. We looped down, landing with a gallop onto the ground. The class cheered and clapped, yelling out praises.

"Well done, Harry!"
"Great job, Giovanna!"

"Brilliant, both of you!" Hagrid clapped, then helped Harry and I off of the hippogriffs. "How was the flight?"

Harry and I grinned at each other, then both breathed, "Terrific."

While the class talked to each other, Hagrid pulled Harry and I aside. "How am I doing on me first day?" He asked us nervously.