Round One, Scene Six (Finale)

"Dovestar! I've found them!" Russetstorm's yowl rang through the night. Dovestar followed his voice to a small, sandy clearing. There, two cats prowled around each other. prepared to attack at a moment's notice. One white, one ginger; both snarling in hate for their opponent. Sagesong and Rosewind had locked each other in a death match.

Once they saw Dovestar, they both gasped. "Dovestar!" Sagesong meowed. "You- this sounds so wrong, but you have to help me kill Rosewind-"

"Kill me?" Rosewind growled. "Why, when I'm not the traitor? Dovestar, Russetstorm, I know it's wrong, but we have to kill this lying, scheming cat."

Dovestar didn't move. As leader, she couldn't favor one of her warriors over another. But...

"Russetstorm." The gray she-cat looked at her warrior in the eye. "This is your decision to make. Drive off one of these cats- or if you find neither of them suspicious, we'll have to interrogate Drizzleleaf..." Dovestar paused to look at the two she-cats before them. "The fate of what's left of this Clan depends on you."

Russetstorm studied both she-cats. Sagesong wanted him to help her defeat Rosewind because she truly believed that the dark ginger she-cat was the killer. Rosewind believed the same to be true for Sagesong. Of course, either of these cats could be lying... He knew both would've killed each other already, but would've lost their own lives in the process. They weren't attacking now either, because attacking a Clanmate unprovoked would mark themselves as the killer...

"Don't just stand there, Russetstorm! Defeat Sagesong with me, and the killing can finally stop." Rosewind's tail swished over the sandy ground. She forced impatience into her voice, but her eyes told a different story; they showed Rosewind's fear and pain, her desire to live without the threat of exile or death.

"No, don't listen to her!" A shriek escaped Sagesong's mouth. "Help me kill her. I swear on every shred of my loyalty that I'm not the killer!"

Were both of these cats really innocent?

"Russetstorm..." Sagesong whispered. "If you don't believe me, kill both of us. I... don't think it could be Drizzleleaf, she's so empathetic..." Sagesong looked down, trying to hide the fear and sadness in her eyes. "Go ahead, kill both of us if you have to. I'll do anything for at least some of us to live in peace."

And Russetstorm made his decision.

He leapt at Rosewimd, teeth bared, claws aimed at the ginger she-cat who he had just considered a Clanmate and friend. Rosewind yowled in fear and outrage, but Russetstorm didn't hold back. Sagesong soon joined him. attacking Rosewind mercilessly until her body lay dead on the ground.

"Thank you so much..." Sagesong rubbed herself against Russetstorm. Russetstorm's heart raced- partly out of embarrassment, partly out of apprehension. Was I right to believe Sagesong? Were her words a bluff?

"There will be no more deaths, you'll see." Sagesong murmured, reading Russetstorm's mind. Both cats headed back to camp, followed by Dovestar, who smiled knowingly at the two young warriors.

Afterwards, there were no more murders, just as Sagesong had promised. The Clan was safe.

The Clan wins!

Thanks for playing Traitor!

Traitor: Rosewind

Deputy: Hailcloud

Medicine Cat: Shadestripe