Round Six, Scene Five

"Tigersong, you have been voted guilty and therefore must immediately leave." Sleekstar glared balefully down at the golden Bengal tom. He looked stunned for a moment, before regaining his calm composure.

"Whatever you say, Sleekstar," he slurred indifferently, "but let it be known that I'm not the murderer." He swept his gaze across his Clanmates, mild amusement flickering in his eyes.

For a moment, the other cats watched in silence at Tigersong, marveling his calmness in the face of banishment. Then Starlingtalon narrowed her eyes." You're probably just pretending to be innocent."

Tigersong preceded to groom himself and flick his tail at Starlingtalon.

The warriors formed a ragged ring around him, ready to force him back if he changed his mind and decided that he cared, that he wanted to stay.

Finally, he stopped grooming himself and stood up. "Well, then," he meowed with finality, "I'll admit that it was nice knowing you. I'll see you in the next life." With that, he flicked his tail and stalked away.

"That was... strange," Perchberry murmured.

Lichenleaf nodded mutely, staring out at the still visible Tigersong.

"That's enough for today," Sleekstar sighed. "For our sake, let's hope he did do it. We don't need any more deaths on our paws."

***

That night, the warriors slept deeply and soundly. Even Bubblewish and managed to overcome his insomnia.

Too bad for him.

"Bubblewish! Wake up, wake up!" A familiar voice purred, breaking the peaceful silence of the night.

Bubblewish stirred. "Is it morning already?" he asked groggily. He stifled a yawn and shook his head, trying to wake himself.

The other cat chuckled. "No, no, dear. I've been starving for two nights now. First Dovefern escaped death, and then you. Hopefully, you'll have the sense to die tonight."

The cat pounced on Bubblewish, one forepaw firmly planted on his throat, the other softly hovering over his stomach. They extended their claws and started to purr even louder, drinking in Bubblewish's fear-scent, and letting their paw lightly tease his belly.

"Of course, I have no intention of letting you live again." That voice- it was so sickeningly sweet, so smooth, so seductive... so sadistic... Bubblewish took a shuddering breath, knowing that the murderer would kill him if he tried to escape. But that voice- it tempted him to relax and just give in to death.

"But enough talking. A cat must feast for their endeavors, no? Especially when they've been withdrawn for two nights. Revenge is sweet, is it not?"

The killer slit Bubblewish's throat. His blood poured out, and with each convulsion the body released, the killer purred louder. They let the torrent wash over their paws, savoring the feeling, the scent, everything... They lowered their muzzle into the stream, drowning themselves in the blood. "Yes, yes... it's delicious, is it not?" they asked themselves triumphantly.

When the tom's body finally lay limp, the killer picked him up and dragged him outside. They studied his body in the moonlight- once white fur stained with red on one side, and an ugly gash ripping his throat open. But the killer felt that they had to take more than a few simple drinks to satisfy their thirst for revenge.

Leaning into the dead cat's ear, they whispered, "I think I'll take more than some blood for myself, just for the sake of it. Let it be known that this is what happens to those who oppose me."