Roles and Mechanics

A detailed description of what your role can and cannot do, and what happens in certain situations.

Traitor (evil)

-Each night, the Traitor can choose any living cat besides themselves to kill. The chosen cat will die unless saved by the Medicine Cat.

-The Traitor will not be told of the Renegades' identities, making it possible for them to kill a potential ally.

-If all evil cats are exiled, the Clan wins.

-The Traitor cannot choose not to act.

-The Traitor can kill the NPC leader, in which case a cat will be selected by the players to be the new Leader. This makes it possible for the Traitor and Leader to be the same cat.

-The Traitor will not be told if they have killed a Renegade.

Deputy (Clan)

-Each night, the Deputy can choose any living cat except for an NPC Leader to accuse of murder. The chosen cat will then be subject to a vote, where everyone votes that cat "Guilty" or "Innocent".

-If voted "Guilty", the accused cat is exiled, if voted "Innocent", they stay in the Clan.

-This means the Deputy can accuse themselves.

-The Deputy cannot choose not to act.

-If the Deputy dies, there will be no vote held in that day. A random Bystander will be chosen to become the new Deputy afterwards.

Medicine Cat (Clan)

-Each night, the Medicine Cat can choose any living cat to heal. That cat will be impervious to all attacks for that night.

-The Medicine Cat cannot choose to heal themselves for consecutive nights. However, they can heal other cats for as many nights in a row as they wish.

-The Medicine Cat cannot choose not to act.

-If the Medicine Cat dies, there will not be another Medicine Cat.

Renegade (Clan until active)

-Each round, two Bystanders have the ability to become Traitors when two conditions have been fulfilled. (There will only be one Renegade if the round has ten or fewer players.)

-A Renegade will become a Traitor once a certain number of rounds has passed (this number may vary from round to round and will not be told to anyone besides the Renegade) and they have been accused by the Deputy.

-An active Renegade will be told the identity of the Traitor, and vice versa.

-They are allowed to communicate and orchestrate their murders.

-The Renegades will not know who the other Renegade is, unless both are active.

Lovers (Clan)

-Each round, two random cats will be linked to each other, meaning that if one dies or gets exiled, the other will suffer the same fate.

-The Lovers can also be any other role except for the Medicine Cat.

-The Lovers will be told who the other Lover is.

-The Lovers are not necessarily heterosexual, meaning it is possible for two toms or two she-cats to be Lovers.

Leader

-If the NPC Leader is killed, the players will choose another cat to become the new Leader. That cat will be out of commission for the next scene. Afterwards, they will not be able to vote, but will be impervious to singular attacks.

-This makes it possible for the Leader and a Traitor to be the same cat. For this reason, the Deputy can accuse the (non-NPC) Leader of murder.

-If the Medicine Cat is chosen to be Leader, a new Medicine Cat will be chosen at random.

-If multiple cats attack the Leader, they will die.

Bystander (Clan)

-Bystanders are cats without special roles. Their main job is to vote the Deputy's target "Guilty" or "Innocent".

Any cat who is saved by the Medicine Cat twice will be told the identity of the Traitor, but not of any Renegades, regardless of whether of not they are active. They are not allowed to share this information with any other players. Furthermore, the Traitor will not be allowed to attack that cat again.

Any questions?