Round Five, Scene Three

"Prickleblaze is innocent. She will stay and remain one of us," Meadowstar meowed. Prickleblaze dipped her head, but didn't say anything.

"Go to sleep, and be wary of the murderer, I pray you."

***

"Well, last night was nearly a failure," the stranger purred, licking a paw and drawing it over their face. She looked casual enough, but her voice had a sharp edge to it.

The cat flattened their ears. "I didn't plan for him to wake up."

"Your mistake was taking time to prepare yourself for the kill," the stranger continued. "Tonight, you have to attack the moment you reach your target, deadly and swift."

The traitor opened their mouth to reply, but the stranger cut them off. "Don't argue with me. Do what I say if you still want them back. Got it?"

She swept her ginger and white tail forward, and the traitor found themselves in the warriors' den once more.

***

"Blossombird is dead!" Breezewing wailed. "She's been murdered! This is horrible..."

The Clan cats followed Breezewing's call to find Blossombird's blood-drenched body sprawled on the ground. Her throat had been torn open and her head was wrenched in an odd angle. Even Meadowstar recoiled at the sight of the body. "This is getting out of control," she growled. "This murderer, whoever it is, must be heartless to take our innocent warriors' lives like this."

She paused, thinking of what to say. "I... I should no longer accuse these cats myself. From today onwards, you can choose who to accuse yourselves." Her voice had dropped to little more than a whisper.

"B-But Meadowstar..." Splashpelt stammered, taken aback. "H-How can we make decisions that you can't? You're our leader..."

The pale ginger she-cat sighed wistfully. "Since you all spend more time with each other, maybe you would understand each other better than I ever could."

Prickleblaze stalked forward, the fur along her spine rippling. "You were a warrior once; who says you don't know us too?"

Meadowstar bowed her head. "... You're right. Maybe I should know you all better. Maybe I should'nt call myself your leader." She whirled around without another word and retreated to her den, tail dragging in the dust.

"Now look what you've done!" Frogfoot clouted Splashpelt and Prickleblaze's ears, eyes slitted and hissing furiously. "She's your leader, for StarClan's sake! Don't talk to her like that! Now if she takes your mouse-brained words to heart, who will be our leader?"

Kestrelface rolled her eyes. "That's not important right now; do you really think Meadowstar will resign?" She glared at Frogfoot. "Meadowstar told us to accuse a cat, and so we shall."

Accuse a single cat in the comments and try to explain why you chose that cat!