Chapter 10

Kayesha's POV

Hearing what happened in the past, it pains me.

Ang sasama nila. Kung hindi lang sila nagdeklara ng laban sa amin ng walang klarong dahilan, edi sana nakasama ko ang pamilya ko mula pagkabata.

But despite all the tragedy and stuff, something caught my interest. Forbidden what?

"Mom, anong forbidden eye?" nagtatakang tanong ko sa kaniya.

"Forbidden eyes? 'Yon ang mga mata ko, anak," I was totally confused.

"'Bloody red' was the used adjective. But your eyes are not red, Mom," I pointed out.

"We can change its color. But using such technique takes time to master," Mom explained. And with that she changed her eye color and showed its true color.

I dodged her eyes, afraid of the possible tragic scenario that might occur.

She held my chin carefully and tilted my head to meet her eyes. Slowly, I opened my eye lids and saw her sparkling red eyes.

The beauty of her eyes are very addicting. It's like a very deep ocean and what awaits at the bottom are dangerous sea creatures and ethereal scenery. Despite the suffocating pulchritude, I want to dive deeper even if it will cost me my life.

Very addling.

I snapped back and looked away. Parang na-hypnosis ako.

I saw my Dad looking at me, and my Mom all smiley.

"Our eyes will never affect any of us three," Mom said.

From looking at the big window, my father faced us, "But do be careful. It might be very overwhelming for you for the early times."

No wonder I felt that while looking at my mother's eyes.

"I've always wanted to see your eyes," said Mom.

I am hesitant. I'm having second thoughts. What-ifs keeps popping.

Feeling my legs shake, a hand started tapping my shoulder. It was Dad.

"It's okay," with reassuring eyes and comforting smile, Dad let out those words.

I looked at Mom and she nodded.

Though my hands are a bit shaky, pinanggal ko ang contacts ko.

I looked down, staring at my feet. I don't want to meet their excited stares.

I heard my Mom chuckled, "Oh, come on," and she lifted my head.

Seconds after, she frowned. The frown turned into pout.

"Akala ko pa naman namana mo ang mga mata ko," and she crossed her arms, acting cute.

Kinda cringe, but okay. Pagbigyan.

"Huh?" all I was able to say.

"You've got my eyes AND his eyes," she emphasized the word "and" while rolling her eyes.

While she's acting childish, I am confused.

What is she talking about?
Where am I?
What am I?
What place am I in?
Is this not a dream?
Just what exactly is going on?

Wala akong maintindihan.

"Mom, I need explanation, please."

"You got your left eye from me, and your right from your mother," said Dad which I responded with a nod.

There was a long pause after that.

"So..." Mom got our attention.

The awkward silence is gone.

"Why are you here and eavesdropping?"

Oh, that's right. 'Yong pakay ko nga pala.

"My clothes...?" tukoy ko sa suot ko no'ng dumating kami dito.

Mom gasped, putting her right hand on her mouth.

"What?" I asked.

"I... kinda burnt it," though she sounded vague and doubtful, the look on her eyes is totally opposite.

"What?!" shocked, I wasn't able to control the volume of my voice.

"Nah, I'm just kidding," bawi ni Mommy, pinaypay pa ang kamay sa hangin. "Nandoon sa secret closet mo. Truth is bawal dito ang nakasanayan mong pananamit, anak," malambing na sabi niya.

I let out my held breath.

"Bakit naman po?" tanong ko sa kaniya.

"The way you dress is pretty similar to lightians. Modern and... you know."

"You should go rest your mind. Mamayang gabi na lang tayo lalabas," sabi ni Daddy nang mapansin siguro ang pagod sa kilos ko.

"Yes. I'll go back to my room now, Dad," I responded and gave them both a warm hug.

Too much information just invaded my mind. Sobrang daming kailangan malaman at intindihin.

I know I can cope up, but not too fast.

~

redmigtak

Comment naman kayo kung ano masasabi niyo 😭 btw can ya'll thank this woman above my text? dahil sya lang naman tumulong sakin sa story na ito na malapit kung nang iwan 😗 hehe