CHAPTER 15

Anderson's POV

Thinking about what happened the other day, I can't seem to lose my smile. Ang saya niyang pagtripan. I just told her I'll flirt with her kapag nakita ko siya sa school, which is not really possible. We came from different kingdoms to begin with.

I don't usually feel this happy. I don't even really feel this calm everyday.

Idagdag pa 'yong bulletin board kanina.

I live with chaos inside my head, my battlefield is my mind, the soldier is me. And then, one bad day I met her and somehow calmed the storm in me.

Nakakita rin ako ng katapat when it comes to cold treatment. With the way I was raised by my parents, no one can blame me for not being very bubbly and warm.

After I cleaned myself, I decided to get some rest.

Tomorrow will be my first day at school. I want to get enough energy to be able to deal with people and more bulletin board.

I woke up with the ray of sunlight on my face.

I immediately prepared myself and went down to where noises are coming from.

I heard cheers when they finally saw me, "Nandito na si Coldy," sigaw ni Davis and called me again with his made-up nickname.

"Kain na tayo," masayang sabi ni Shaine.

"Okay," I responded for the sake of making a sound, but it made things worse. We got wrapped in total awkward silence. 

Binasag ni Camille ang katahimikan by clearing her throat. "Good news, Anderson," panimula niya. "Magkakaklase tayong lahat!" and they cheered again.

"Isn't that music to your ears?" Sa sobrang ingay nila, hindi ko na malaman kung kanino galing ang tanong.

But I still answered, "Yeah, of course it is," malamya kong sagot.

We started eating with them not shutting up. Kung anu-ano ang pinag-uusapan nila.

Maaga pa pero napapagod na 'ko.

There are moments na hinihingi nila ang opinyon ko about something but I can't understand anything kaya tumatango na lang ako.

Biglang tumahimik ang hapag kaya mabilis kong tinapos ang pagkain ng may katahimikan.

Nang iangat ko ang ulo, naiinis na mukha ni Shaine ang una kong nakita.

"Do you hate having us around?" deretsahan niyang tanong.

I saw how Davis awkwardly blinked.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I wiped my mouth and drank some water.

Mabilis kong hinarang ang palad sa mukha at sinalo ang tinapong mansanas ni Shaine.

"You don't throw food, Shaine," pangaral ko.

Padabog niyang binagsak ang mga kamay sa mesa. She's being too dramatic. "You don't treat friends like they're air, Anderson!" she shouted. I even saw one of the maids flinch.

Davis remained awkward. He was looking at every corner of the dining area. He look funny.

I sighed, "You know how people can change, Shaine, and I want you to understand that. You can't just throw tantrums to get what you want. Hindi na tayo mga bata. So much already happened, you can't blame me of what I have become," pagpapaintindi ko sa kaniya.

Her face softened, finally coming into realization of what she just did.

"Nevertheless, give me some time and bear with me until I become more human to you," halos walang gana kong sabi.

She pouted, "Aasahan ko 'yan, Kuya."

Shaine call me "Kuya" though we are friends. Parang sibling relationship or something similar.

Moments later I found myself walking at a hallway with pairs of eyes on us.

Ang daming nagbubulungan.

"Ang gwapo niya."

"Bakit magkasama sila ni princess Shaine?"

"Baka girlfriend niya?"

"Hoy! No way!"

"Akin lang siya. Prinsesa si Shaine pero kailangan niyang pumila ng tama sa likod."

Sobrang dami nilang sinasabi.

Dere-deretso lang akong naglalakad nang bigla akong higitin ni Shaine dahilan para muntik na akong matumba.

"Hoy, sa'n ruta mo?" sarkastiko nitong tanong. "Nandito na tayo, oh," turo niya sa pintong nasa harap namin.

Shaine knocked and did not hesitate to twist the doorknob and push it open.

Sumalubong sa amin ang isang babaeng nasa harap, parehong nakataas ang mga mataray na kilay.

"You two are late," the tone of her voice sounded annoyed.

"We are sorry, Maam," paghingi ng paumanhin ni Shaine.

The teacher scanned me from head to toe. "Come in. Introduce yourself," aniya. "Go to your seat," utos niya kay Shaine na agad naman siyang sinunod.

"Pay attention here. You have a new classmate," pagpapakilala niya sa 'kin.

And there, I took some step forward and faced the class.

They are all looking at me. So this is how it feels to be inside a classroom and attending school. How bizarre.

I just know a new chapter of my life is now about to start.

~

redmigtak

Don't forget to leave a Comment or Vote mga pusa HAHAHAHA char. 😌