reunited but separated

—1 week later

"get up!" jungkook giggled as he pulled you off the ground.

"but i miss him!!" you pouted.

"when will jin hyung get back?"

"he said in a few more weeks which maybe lead to a month!" you cried (not literally).

"it's okay~" he pulled you into a hug.

"hmph." you laid your head on his chest and you both stayed in that position for a while, not until you got a phone call.

"oh," jungkook said and you pulled away.

you saw hyojong's contact, making you freeze, "i'll go now okay? be sure to call me if something goes wrong!" jungkook said and left the house, heading towards the supermarket for groceries.

you hesitantly answered the call, "h-hello?" you stuttered and heard him speak, "hey.." he said in a low voice.

"can we meet up?" he said.

"what?" you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

"i wanna tell you something.." he said nervously.

"alright,"

"meet me at our favorite park okay?" he said and before you could give him an answer, he hung up.

"rude," you said and got up to change.

**

"hi.." you said as he stared at you.

he didn't respond, yet he started leaning in.

he put his hand on your jaw and placed his lips onto yours.

you didn't stop him this time, because if you tried it wouldn't work.

so you slowly kissed back, he smiled and pulled you in to deepen the kiss.

"stop," you said and pulled away, panting for air.

he chuckled and placed a soft kiss on your cheek, "will you be my girlfriend again?" he stared off into your eyes as he stroked your cheek.

you looked down and started thinking,

you do miss him, a lot. so why not give it a try.

"umm.. alright." you said and looked up at him.

his eyes widened, "r-really?"

"did you expect a different answer or-"

he pulled you in for a passionate kiss.

"i love you." he said and embraced you, making you seem small in his arms.

you hugged him back and he smiled.

"i'll see you tomorrow baby, okay?"

you nodded and started walking away, smiling slightly.

you got home and jungkook arrived.

"i'm hoooome!" he said and shut the door.

"kookie, i wanna tell you something." he seemed nervous but came and sat down beside you.

"what is it?"

"i-i got back with hyojong.." you looked at him.

jungkook's world stopped, he felt everything stop around him, he was focusing on nothing but how he painfully lost his chance to date you. he miserably failed because of his stupid fear, rejection. he stared at you in shock and betrayal, he felt broken.