Part Three

Ferris' POV

It was the next morning and I was having a hard time deciphering if last night was a dream. Even if it was, I was still alive and that's all that mattered. It was eight in the morning and those two were still training and I was getting impatient. We were meant to leave for town an hour ago and if father were to find out I'd be skinned alive.

I was sitting on a stool, drinking tea when they finally appeared, all sweaty and puffed. "Finally!" I exclaimed, dragging myself off the stool. "Woah, that was a quick personality change!" Zaelyn joked and my cheeks heatened up a bit. It was true. I went from cowering in my room to snapping at them. I'm just glad they're not going to kill me.

"We were meant to be in town an hour ago!" I fumed, dumping the teacup in the sink before heading off to the car, not without four guards insisted they tag along. Ugh. "I'll meet you in the car!" I shouted after them and they groaned. When they got in the car I made sure Fraener sat between me and Zaelyn as I really didn't want to talk to him.

"So, what's on today's agenda?"

I reluctantly looked up at the dragon who had a soft smile. I instantly shot my gaze to the car floor making him chuckle lightly. "I- Uhh. We're visiting an orphanage and I guess adding to our parents reputation? I don't know." I replied, shifting my feet. "We're going to be kings soon. It'd be adding to our reputation if anything."

There it was again. Being king. Of course someone like Fraener was excited to take the role of a leader.

"Can we go already? It's way too hot in here!" Zaelyn grumbled and that was our cue to start the car. I wasn't exactly wearing 'royal attire' but I had woken up way too early to put on one of my father's pre-picked outfits. Fraener tried to start a conversation between me and Zaelyn but I always kept my answers short. Once we got to the small orphanage I understood why father picked it out. It was small, run-down and practically falling apart. It was wedged between two polished white buildings making it look like a mud-smear on a white dress. This was all a scheme to make us look good.

Zaelyn could not stop complaining and I was this close to screaming at him to get back in the car. We greeted the children and within less than 2.0 seconds the media was surrounding the rotting building. I felt bad for the little ones living in this building as they barley had food and warmth. We brought a few children outside to take photos before saying goodbye.

Instead of going back to the castle we walked to a little cafe, just barely escaping the press, which had zero citizens occupying it as it had been cleared for just us 'royals'. I ordered a drink and the two suggested they order something together and share. Their burger arrived while my strawberry milkshake came awhile ago. "That orphanage was disgusting." Zae snickered and he noticed my annoyed expression.

"Okay, what's going on with you? You haven't said a word to me since last night."

What happened next became fuzzy but when I blinked I was standing up, my hands balled into fists on the table. "What's going on with me?! What the hell is going on with you?! You thought you could flash a smile and I'd forget about all the torment?!" I yelled, my face confused then angry.

"Please, we were young!"

"You were eight-fucking-years older than me! You were thirteen! You knew perfectly well what you were doing!"

And with that, I stormed off and for some odd reason I snatched their burger away too. I flew past the front doors and sat upon the dumpster located at the side of the of the cafe. It wasn't at all sanitary but I honestly didn't care. I barley showed signs of my rage at all, which is why it surprised both me and Zaelyn. I nibbled on the burger, which seemed to fall apart in my hands and slip onto the green lid of the dumpster. To my surprise, Zae came around the corner in less than a few minutes causing me to shift so I wasn't facing him. "Hey," he started. I'm already dreading this.

"I understand that you're mad that I bullied you or whatever," I shot him an angry look and he raised his hands in mock surrender. "And you were right, I did know what I was doing and I didn't stop. Why? I don't know, maybe it was because you were so easy to pick on?" He breathed out almost as if it pained him.

"Sorry for bursting out like that. It just came over me, I just got so angry it just overwhelmed me." I admitted, feeling a hand on my shoulder. My cheeks darkened as I desperately tried to hide my face with my hair. Why was I feeling like this? I noticed a few red droplets had stained my hand, reaching up to my nose which suddenly released a wave of blood. Zae must have noticed too as he picked my up, leaving the burger and rushed back into the store. He screamed at the poor employee for tissues when I walked over to the countertop and grabbed a few napkins. I let my head fall back as i held the bridge of my nose. "What did you do?!" Fraener roared as I stared up at the ceiling.

"I-I didn't do anything! He just started bleeding!" The Incubus stuttered as if Fraener was holding him by the neck. "Please, you guys are giving me a headache. This happens when I get hot, after all it's summer." I grumbled and they both complied by remaining silent. I swung my head back up regretting it as more blood came gushing out and that somehow prompted Zaelyn on insisting on carrying me back to the car. "Think of it as my official apology or something.." he mumbled before sweeping me off the chair.

"Z-Zaelyn! If the media see this they'll go berserk!" I cried out but he ignored me. "Holy shit, for a fae you're pretty heavy." He groaned as I tried my best to slap him. My head rested against his arm as he carried me back to the car and luckily no press showed. Frae got in first and Zaelyn slid me into the car, my head resting in Fraener's lap and my legs across Zae. This was all stupid as hell, all because of a nose bleed.

"Thanks.." I mumbled and Zaelyn flashed a approved and proud smile. "No problem, babe." He replied with a wink.

Babe? What?