Part Twenty Two

Ferris

I slept through the entire car ride to Zaelyn's place. I was trying to catch up on my sleep but the car wasn't the most comfortable place in the world. Something was keeping me up last night and I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe it was the suitors or the call I just didn't know.

When we arrived I noticed the place was crawling with guards, no surprise there but it looked like it hadn't calmed down since the letters were sent. It's been nearly a whole month yet everyone still seemed on edge. A few guards dispatched from their match to escort me into the palace and where Zaelyn and his Father awaited me.

It took everything in me not to run up to him and I could tell by the way the corner of his mouth twitched that he was trying to hold back a smile. "Welcome, Ferris! I hope the car ride wasn't too long!" Helliux boomed almost completely waking me up. "I assure you the car ride was fine, and I look forward to my stay," I replied while plastering a smile. Helliux nudged Zaelyn who's eyes were fixated on me.

My face burnt like the sun and I had to cough to hide my small laugh as he straightened up and cleared his throat. "I'm delighted to see you again, Ferris," he gritted out with a smile. I bit down on my lip to stop myself from giggling. I switched my eyes to Helliux and noticed Zaelyn shared those same ruby eyes with his father. "Zaelyn here will show you to your quarters." He finished urging his son forward.

I walked next to him as we made our way around. "To the left are the pools where Fraener and our friends are waiting for us," he mused practically beaming with excitement. "Usually there are Succubi and Incubi everywhere but thanks to the letters things will be quieter at night." He had one of those famous devilish smirks and gave a heart-stopping wink.

"I don't know about swimming but I am so keen on seeing my room," I sighed with a playful smile. He shook his head and laughed. "Alright, alright. It's just up this hallway."

He lead me to a set of massive doors which opened up to a massive bedroom. We stood side-by-side as I looked around. "This seems a bit big for just me," I mumbled, turning to face him. He chuckled before bending down and planting a kiss on my lips. It took awhile but eventually I felt my energy draining and I had to part. I was tired enough, I didn't need to pass out. "You taste sweeter than the first time," he hummed making my cheeks go all red. "And don't worry about how big it is. This is my room! You'll be staying in here with me and Fraener!"

I swallowed the rock in my throat. "Are you sure? Is Fraener okay with that?" I asked. The Incubus scoffed. "Of course he's okay with it!" he exclaimed. I eased up a bit and realized how tired I was. "Should we go to the pools? I bet Fraener is pruning up," his ruby eyes glistened with anticipation. I nodded and followed him out the room and past various buzzing activities until we got to the pools.

I spotted Fraener right away, his slick and darkened orange hair inking the pool and his cocoa skin was practically glowing in the sun. "Fraener!" I called out. He stopped his conversation with Zuda and whipped his head around. A wide smile formed as he got up and rushed over to us. I was ready for a wet hug but instead he looked around and stuck out his hand. I was confused but shook his hand anyway.

"It's, uh, good to see you, Ferris." He gritted out. Why was he acting so weirdly? "It's good to see you too?" I muttered. His eyes softened and his smile became less forced. "Will you be joining us in the pool?" He asked, moving a bit so everyone could see me. They all cheered and waved as I couldn't help but smile. I have friends.

"Of course. I just need to change." I sighed. He nodded before he headed off again. I headed back for the room with Zaelyn by my side who remained quiet. We made it halfway before I couldn't hold it in. "Did I do something wrong? Why did he just shake my hand? Why did he look around?" I rambled a little to loudly. "Don't be silly, Ferris. Fraener was so excited to see us since we left!" Zaelyn exclaimed. "We're lucky he even looked at us in public! When it comes to us he'll do anything to protect us and if that means distancing himself from us for awhile he'll do it."

I suddenly felt bashful and stared daggers at my feet. "O-Oh. Sorry." I mumbled under my breath. "You'll get used to it, don't worry." He sighed as we reached the bedroom. Luckily this time I did pack swimwear but I couldn't find my clothes. "Zaelyn? I can't find my stuff!" I called out from the closet.

"That's strange. I'll check with the maids," he yelled back as I continued to rummage through the clothes. Fraener's turtle-necks were hung up and sorted on one side and the other was what I thought to be Zae's side was it had clothes strewn everywhere and all sorts of messes. I started opening cupboards and revealed some things I wish I never found. The most disturbing things I found were whips and paddles that were hidden away in a wardrobe on the back wall. I only hoped this was the last time I'd see them.

"You found our BDSM set!" Zaelyn called out from behind me. I turned around faster than I ever had before with a burning face. "I-I thought they might have misplaced them so I started looking around.." I trailed off with a groan. My face was so red someone could mistake me as a cherry.

"Ah don't worry about it, me and Fraener don't use it that often." He excused, picking up a pair of jeans on his side. "Your clothes aren't even here. There was a problem with the transfer blah, blah in short, they lost it!" I looked at him with a shocked expression. How could they lose it?! "What am I supposed to wear? I was lucky enough to get away with wearing something normal but I can't sleep or swim with these!" I seethed earning a small laugh from Zae. He walked over and pressed his lips against my forehead. "You're cute when you're stressed," he stated. I would've blushed if I still wasn't from before.

"And don't worry, you can wear something from mine until they find it!" He happily hummed, looking over to the mess of clothes. He grabbed a handful of clothes and dragged me out. As he closed the doors I found myself still looking at the open wardrobe of whips and paddles.

I just hoped that was the last time I got to see them.

A/N

Thank you guys so much for 200 followers! It makes me beyond happy to know so many of you like my work! I'm not sure what I'm going to do but maybe you guys could request stuff? Like maybe a one shot? Could be anything, from a couple in Zaelyn's gang or between our three princes in the future!