Part Thirty Four

Fraener

I stood outside of Zaelyn's room, watching through the window. He was still unconscious with multiple machines hooked up to him. I heard Ferris had woken up but I couldn't bring myself to face him. I had left with a mere broken rib and a twisted ankle, though that's nothing compared to what Zaelyn went through.

They found Zaelyn under a pile of rubble with a rebar pole skewered in his stomach. He shattered most of his bones in both his legs and is now in a neck brace. I slammed my fist against the glass causing a crack to appear across it. My mother, who was still crying and a few guards were alerted and whipped their heads in my direction. Mother came rushing and pulled me back into my room. "I know you're hurting, but now is not the time to make a scene." She warned while I limped to my bed. "Now is not the time? I nearly died! Zaelyn almost died!" I seethed. I rolled my ankle around for a bit just to test it but it still resulted in a sting of pain. I looked up to mother's sad face as her eyes began to water again. She rushed over and hugged me tight, just as she did when I woke up. "My sweet, sweet baby!" She wailed.

I hugged her back and rubbed her back soothingly. She sobbed a few more times before sobering up and wiping her wet face. "Have you talked to Ferris? Merlin told me he's awake." She sniffled. I didn't answer her right away and avoided eye contact. "Where are my sisters?" I asked, trying to dodge the question. She didn't seem to impressed by that and tsk'd. "I-I can't, mother. He's the- he's-" I didn't want to finish. I was angry, frustrated and heartbroken and I was letting it out in the wrong ways. "He's the reason Zaelyn almost died!" I exclaimed. She gave me a shocked look before she slapped me upside the head. "What he did was stupid yes, but the explosion was certainly not his fault!" She scolded. I sighed, not giving an argument. I regretted what I said the minute it left my mouth. "How dare you blame it on him!"

I felt ashamed to say the least. I know that all of this isn't Ferris' fault. I just couldn't face him. Not anytime soon, but judging by the look on mother's face I might have to.

--

Ferris

I remained silent at the newfound news. He doesn't want to see me. I wanted to ask why but I knew- I knew why he didn't want to see me. It was my fault anyway. I'm the reason all three of us nearly died. He had a sorry look plastered onto his face as I pulled my legs onto my bed. I wanted to cry- no scream. This feeling I had was unbearable. It was like when they stopped talking to me, but worse. "Hey, Ferris, I tried to warn you but-"

"Warn me? Warn me!? You think I wanted to hurt him?!" I seethed. I was taken aback by my sudden outburst. Ryker's eyes widened in shock as well. His gaze shifted to the side a little and I followed it, inspecting the beautiful roses on the bed side table. The same roses that were rapidly wilting. I quickly checked my hands, the marks on my palm glowing a faint red. "S-Sorry, I didn't mean to do that.." I whimpered. I've never lost control like that before. There was a large crash, almost like glass shattering which alerted the both of us. Ryker gave my a sympathetic look before leaving me to go check out what happened. I wanted to see Fraener for myself and apologize. I wanted to apologize until I couldn't anymore. It was the only thing I could do. I sunk back into the bed and stared up at the ceiling.

If I had just showed them the photos this wouldn't have happened. Me and Fraener would've been sent home and security would have increased. There'd be no chance of anyone placing a bomb there. This is all my fault, all because I wanted some more time with them. I'm so selfish. I started crying again- not to my surprise. I'm so stupid. My door opened again and Cosmo peeped his head in. He frowned when he noticed I was crying and rushed to my bedside. No greetings were needed, we just remained quiet while I bawled my eyes out. "We came as soon as we heard what happened," he explained after I finished crying. I peered up to see Yuvul who was awkwardly standing at the end of the bed. I waved, still not saying a word. "I couldn't believe it! A bomb?! A-And you almost died!"

I sniffled and shifted a bit. "It's my fault." I croaked. Cosmo frowned. "What happened wasn't your fault! No one expected an explosion!" He argued. He was wrong. The message that I received that night was obscure but if I hadn't been so eager to go on a  stupid date then I would have decoded it. I didn't fight him on it, because I knew he would always have a comeback. "You're alive. That's all that matters," Yuvul chimed in which earned a nod from his younger brother. I nodded too, though I didn't agree. We talked for awhile and they explained that I should expect a visit from the seven other royal families. My cousins were probably going to make an appearance, which I was not looking forward to. "Is Zaelyn awake?" I asked. "We're not sure, you're the first person we got to when we came,"

I groaned. "I can go check if you'd like?" Yuvul asked and I nodded eagerly. He left the room without a another word. I turned to Cosmo who was looking at the wilted flowers curiously. The fact that I did that without me knowing scared me. It could have been a person. "You look exhausted. You can rest if you want. I'll be right here." He insisted. It was either all the crying or that medically induced coma's weren't a good way to catch up on sleep but I was drained. I took him up on the offer and slid back into bed.

I instantly noticed that it wasn't as comfy as Zaelyn's bed. Maybe it was the bed itself or the warm bodies that accompanied me during the night that made it feel so comfortable. Nothing would ever amount to the comfort provided by Zaelyn and Fraener, but I might've just ruined any possibility of ever feeling their warmth ever again.

SO! We officaly hit 300 followers! I've already thanked you on my other book but I know I have more readers on this one AND I JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU GUYS AGAIN!! I never expected this but I'm so thankful it happened. I want to celebrate, so please give me ideas on what to do for you all!