Lucian And Zuda - 2

Lucian

My eyes shot open when I rolled onto my injury and pain shot through my side. It took me while to register what happened last night and when it did I shot up, full alert. I was on something soft and fluffy, huddled into a corner. I could hear the faint sound of fire crackling coming from a opposite room, then breathing coming from my right. My senses were delayed, but when I saw that man I came to a full alert. I snarled while showing off my canines and went to claw at him when something around my neck pulled me back giving me whiplash.

I coughed, only now realizing something heavy and cold was digging into my neck. There was a trail connecting to the wall, preventing me from lashing out at the man.

My ears were still flat against my head and my snarl remained. He had a certain fear in his blue eyes. Serves him right.

I haven't had many encounters with humans but I could tell he wasn't one of them. He was abnormally bulky and had dark blue skin. He had weird tusks jutting from his mouth and long, slicked back black hair. I felt my body instantly heat up a few notches from just sitting looking at this man. Was it the fire? A noticed the sharp silver object in his hands, probably there if I somehow broke this weird strong tie.

"I know you aren't a normal wolf." He stated, giving me a sample of what he sounded like. His tone was deep and almost threatening but soothing at the same time? Almost like a mother's, from what I can remember. "You're too damn smart to be a wolf. You wiggled your way into my house the clawed one of my paintings down to cover up the hole you came through," He continued. I was getting less threatened and more scared now. "I've spent too much time alone to think otherwise. I want you to shift." He ordered and I instantly retreated in on myself. I didn't want to shift!

When I didn't comply with his wishes he got up from his seat and stepped closer. I meant to growl, but it came out as a low whine. I was getting hotter every step he took, though we were already at a short distance I felt like I was on fire. "Shift," he repeated and this time I could feel myself unraveling. I hadn't shifted in awhile meaning the process was excruciating, as bones were reset into place and my gash was transformed to accompany my other form. The cut deepened and spread, making me want to let out a howl of pain but instead it came out as an unfamiliar sob. I looked down and stared at my paws. They were no longer covered in black fur and my skin was freakish white. I had gotten slimmer so the heavy thing around my neck was now loose but was burdening my shoulders.

My temperature went down and now I was cold and nude. I didn't have my fur to keep me warm. The man looked me up and down then something weird happened to his face. His cheeks changed colour then he looked away. I didn't look as threatening now that I looked somewhat like him. Warm blood trickled down my ear and down my shoulder, alerting me to my side. I couldn't lick at my wound and I was getting worried that it might have gotten infected.

He cursed, before going to fetch something. I took the time to look at myself, at least what I could see. I looked ugly. I was told to never shift, because my other form was weak. I looked so pale that it could be considered unhealthy and you could really see how skinny I was. The man snapped me out of my bad thought and revealed a weird white roll and a cloth in his right hand and a bowl of water in another. He crouched down near my and I instantly retreat into the corner. Was he going to harm me again? "I'm trying to help you. If you don't sit still you'll bleed to death." He grumbled. He didn't look angry so I was confused. Why was he trying to help me? I tried to growl at him but it didn't sound right.

He tsk'd, before gripping my uninjured shoulder. My eyes widened as I tried to squirm away, watching as he dipped the cloth into the bowl of water and pressed against my wound. It hurt like hell causing tears to well up in my eyes. I had to sit through this process for about several times, until the water was red and he was applying pressure to wound. I stopped squirming and looked at the man. He was focused on my injury, then took a glance at me before looking away when he met my eyes.

He checked behind my ear then grimaced. "We're going to need to stich you up. It'll hurt like a bitch and you'll probably pass out from the lack of food." He exclaimed. Stich me up? What was that? He got up, and left the room again. I took the time to grab the heavy leash and put it into my mouth. It was hard to chew and my weird teeth weren't much use so I gave up on trying to chew threw them.

He eventually came back with food, and oh my god it smelt so good! My mouth watered at the scent and I began to whine when he didn't bring it to be straight away. I tried to walk closer but my other form had weird different ways of walking so I slipped and fell, my chin hitting the floor hard. "Jesus Christ!" He yelled, placing the bowl full of whatever it was on the ground next to him while he reached out for me. I went straight for the food instead of accepting his help but this stupid thing around my neck was stopping me from getting to my food!

I tried my best to reach out for it but he snatched it away. "Having you in chains probably isn't the best idea.." he thought aloud, taking a step back when he noticed I was frowning at him. "Promise you won't bite me if I let you go?" He compromised. I wasn't  used to other people so I didn't know if he was still a threat or not. He pulled the bowl away further and I yelped in agreement. He got a weird thin object from his pocket and stepped a little closer. He no longer had fear in his eyes knowing I wouldn't bite him. He inserted the object into the side of the heavy thing around my neck and it pulled apart. He slipped it off gently, his fingers brushing my neck. It was almost like a shock, or maybe a quick burn. It kinda felt nice.

He gave me the bowl of nice smelling food which to my surprise was liquid.  What I smelt to be rabbit meat was floating around as well as some weird green and orange chunks. "It's rabbit stew with carrots and stuff." He explained. I looked up at him, and he looked away again. This guy was strange. I pressed the bowl up to my lips and drank the stew. To say it was the best thing I ever tasted was an understatement! It was salty and the familiar flavour of meat was evident and the carrots kinda gave it this refreshing sweet taste. I drank it all under a minute and picked up and ate whatever bits were left over. That was probably the most I've eaten in a few days.

When I snuck a look at the man he was holding something made of wood. "I was going to offer you a spoon but I guess it's too late.." he mumbled. I placed the bowl down and crawled back into the corner. "I guess I should introduce myself before I inflict any more pain. I'm Zuda. I'm an Orc." I tilted my head. Zuda? It sounded weird but nice. "I should also probably give you some clothes."

He ran off again leaving me to look around and finally move around. I noticed what seemed to be a sleeping mat on the other end of the room. It was on four wooden beams and looked far more comfortable then a bunch of animal skins on the floor. I did my best to use my four limbs to get over there. I jumped on and I was right. It was super comfortable! Zuda came back into the room and told me off for sitting on his bed while I was naked. I growled at him but once again it sounded weird.

"I didn't have any pants that would fit you so you can just wear a pair of my breifs. They're washed so don't worry." he said while handing me a peice of cloth. "And I'll give you a shirt after I stich you up. It'll get messy again." I stared at him with curious eyes. If he really was helping me, why? I didn't do anything to deserve it. I didn't understand what 'messy' meant but I didn't like the sound of it. "Can you talk?" He asked after awhile of just staring at eachother. I'm not sure if I could anymore. It's been so many years since I tried. I swallowed thickly, then gave it a shot. The first few times they came out as forced groans or like I was having trouble breathing but eventually I managed to get three words out!

"Lucian... my name."