Part Twenty

Ferris

Now that we were back at the castle I could finally properly rest in a comfortable bed that I didn't even realize wasn't my own. They brought me up to their room with their massive bed that could easily accommodate all three of us which is what we did. Raphael offered to bring the group along but both Zaelyn and Fraener refused. They said they wanted to spend some time with me. Zae wiggled up behind me and snaked his arms around my waist. "You have no idea how long I've waited to do this.." He muttered.

Fraener rested in front of me with a smile. "You already got to do this!" I whined feeling his hot lips on my neck. Fraener's honey sweet chuckle filled my eardrums. "Oh? When was this?" He sighed. "When you guys- uhh, when you guys had that fight.." I murmured. He gave a hearty laugh, his silky orange hair spilling onto the sheets. "Then I guess you owe me this," he coaxed. I gave him a questioning look which in return he leaned forward and captured my lips with his. I melted into puddy as I felt his tongue enter my mouth. We parted and suddenly everything was spinning.

"That was hot!" Zaelyn hollered as I came down from my high. My face was on fire and my ears were burning. I was lucky we were laying down otherwise I'd be on the floor by now. I somehow focused my eyes and stared into Fraener's beautiful golden orbs. He leaned in again but was interrupted by a knock at the door. He jumped off the bed so fast all I saw was a flash.

"Your highness?" A small voice squeaked. We all turned in her direction. "Prince Zaelyn. Prince Ferris. Your fathers have requested you return home. Immediately." The maid urged. We got up and thanked her for the information. To say I wasn't the littlest bit worried was an understatement. "My father only calls me home when there's an emergency." I breathed. What could it be? Did something happen to my mother? Apparently my anxiety was evident as they both placed kisses on my cheeks. "Don't worry. I'm sure it's nothing." Fraener reassured me. I gave a small smile and together we headed out.

Outside was manic. People were running around, guards mostly. Maids were being hurried off to their quarters and posts were being set up for what seemed like an entire army. "Are you sure it's 'just nothing', now Frae?" Zaelyn mumbled seeming worried too. Then, out of the blue, guards seperated us. They gathered around almost in a suffocating manner and walked me away from Zaelyn and Fraener. "What are you doing!" I cried in the seemingly impenetrable circle. "We're only following strict orders, sire." One of them answered. "I'll call you later!" I heard Zaelyn call out over the chaos.

"Promise?" I yelled back but I didn't get a response. I just hoped he heard me. I was too short to see over top the guards meaning I had no idea where we were going until they practically shoved me in a car. "W-Wait! My stuff!" I yelled but they slammed the door anyway. "It has been packed and sent to the palace." One of them call spoke before they all disappeared. All I could do was sink back into the seat and wait to see what the hell was going on.

Four hours later and we finally arrived back home. Two extra cars following me where stationed either side for the 'additional protection'. Security hadn't been this tight since I was just a newborn. It was hectic.

Once I managed to make it inside, which was way worse than outside. Guards were marching everywhere like ants. I couldn't hear anything over the yelling and thunderous footsteps. I made it to the dining room  but my father wasn't there. I tried the throne room and his private study but no one other than guards were here.

Then I came across the mostly the most heavily guarded room. The conference room. I didn't ask permission to enter, I didn't need to. I burst open the door to reveal my Father with my distressed mother, The head general of our guards and the King of the Merfolk. "Father, what is going on? Why is there an entire army stationed at our front door?!"

My mother got up from her seat and rushed over to me, hugging me tightly. "Thank God you're okay!" She whimpered, almost bursting into tears. That's when I really started to get worried.

My Father gestured for me to come closer and gave me a firm hug. I can't remember the last time he's ever given me one. "Sit, Ferris." He instructed. I did as I was told, and listened to what they had to say. "Your  Mother, as well as Zaelyn and Fraener's parent received this letter along with a photograph. The general slid me a brown envelope. I opened it and grabbed the small peice of wrinkled paper.

"You shunned me once, I will not be ignored again." The small note read in neat cursive writing. I didn't get why it was so nerve wracking until I viewed the picture. It was a small polaroid with a clear view of me. My hands felt shaky as I dropped the photo and letter. "That isn't all.." My father solemnly stated, dumping a pile of photographs and letters infront of me. "A-And you received these all today?" I stuttered. He nodded.

"Why weren't we called back earlier?" I asked. "Someone was blocking our communications." The general gruffly spoke. I swallowed hard. Some were taken ages ago, and the most recent one was the dinner. It was from behind.

I suddenly felt sick and excused myself. Guards escorted me to my room giving me the opportunity to call Zaelyn. It rang a couple of times before his harmonic voice filled my ears. "Ferris! Thank God you made it home safe!" He cried and I couldn't help but smile. "I saw the photographs." I spoke softly into the phone.

"There were tons of them.."

He gasped. "Tons?! My father only received one!" He cried. I suddenly got a migraine. "Maybe- uhh, maybe I'm just easier to follow." I excused. He scoffed. I was trying to convince myself that this wasn't a big deal. "I-I can't wait to see you a Fraener again.." I quickly changed the subject. "Me too. Hold on, I'll add Frae to the call.."

I waited for awhile until Fraener's voice joined in. "Zaelyn? Ferris?" His worried voice rang out. "Did you guys make it home okay?" He asked. "I did!" I chirped a little too happily. "There was some traffic.." Zaelyn joked. I hit back a smile. It was a petty joke but I was now beginning to realize anything this man says will make me smile.

"This isn't funny! Someone is threatening us!" Fraener seethed into the phone. It was silent for awhile and I began to pick at the thread oh my sleeve. I sighed. "I want to kiss you guys again.." I blurted out, feeling my cheeks begin to burn.

"Me too." They both stated in unison.

A/N

I'm glad you guys are enjoying my book! It fills with me with joy whenever I get a notification for a comment!

I know that I'm getting ahead of myself, but I have another book in-store for you guys, I just want to know if y'all are interested! Their Fae will obviously be my first priority, and I've only written five parts so far so let me know!