Part Six

Ferris

Apparently staying hauled up in my room wasn't as easy and good of a problem-solver as I thought. The two wouldn't stop banging on my door, and the guards I ordered to keep them away were probably cowering away from the Dragon.

I clung to Urla but the fluffy white feline wasn't enough to distract me from the constant pleads and the rattling of the brass doorknob. "Ferris! We just want to explain ourselves and apologize!" Fraener yelled, his voice slightly muffled. I ignored the same reply again, instead choosing to trace each swirl and curve of my ornate ceiling. "Just open the goddamn door, Fae!" Zaelyn barked and I couldn't help but scoff. Their was an exchange of bickering and snarky comebacks before the pleading continued.

"Ferris, we need to talk about this. Soon. So when you're ready, you can come out." Frae softly spoke but I could sense he was panicking. His aura was invading my room with dread. "You can't stay in there forever!" Zae shouted before everything stopped, and it was calm again.

"What do you think, Urla? Should I go out and face my problems like a real king?" I asked and the cat meowed. "I'll take that as a no."

**

Hours had passed and my stomach would not stop growling. I cracked open my door just a tiny bit and asked one of the servants to fetch me some food and she hadn't come back yet. Luckily, a knock at the door echoed through the room. "Come in!"

I was expecting to see the same woman but instead my eyes were greeted with Zaelyn and Fraener squeezing pass the small gap in the door."You seriously need to grow up and face your problems." Zaelyn tsk'd.

I slid far under the covers and dragged the blankets over my head. "We're here to solve a problem and apologize. It's not going to be easy if you're hiding under there." Fraener's muffled voice sighed. I nodded as if they could see me and slipped out. I noticed that Zaelyn had something other than irritation or a smug face and that was actual sincerity. "I-It's just, I get this strange feeling when I'm around you two and it confuses me. A lot." I uttered, not daring to look up at the two. "How am I supposed to deal with an entire kingdom when I can't seem to deal with the two of you? I run off when things get too difficult for me to understand."

The tears didn't cease but they weren't bailing out of my eye-sockets now. "To be fair, you make us feel 'weird' too." Zaelyn chuckled making my cheeks heat. Why is this happening? "We'd just like to apologize, me especially. I have no idea what came over me." He breathed, his big handsome golden eyes pinned on mine. It took awhile for me to answer but eventually I did with a small smile and a light nod.

"I'll go make us some food. You two stay here." The dragon offered and we both nodded getting me excited. I loved his cooking. That that left me in a room alone with an incubus. "Was I acting that weird that I was creeping you out?" He asked as if it was hard to believe. "Yeah. Sorry.." I whispered and a hint of shame glazed over him. "You did steal my clothes."

His head shot up so fast I thought I heard the crack of bones. "What?! Why would I need to steal your clothes?!" He fumed, totally being honest. I nodded though I doubted he was was telling the truth. It was silent again for awhile until Urla meowed from somewhere in the room before jumping into my lap. "Holy shit!" Zae screamed, tumbling off the bed with a big thud. "Zaelyn? Are you okay? I asked biting my bottom lip trying to hold back a laugh.

"What the fuck is that?!"

"Urla?"

"It has a name?!"

I failed to prevent myself from laughing and it didn't go unnoticed. "The fuck are you laughing at? That thing is dangerous!" He argued, peering over to edge and inspecting Urla's every move. She was only cleaning herself. "Filthy animals!" He screeched.

"She's a house pet. She won't harm you unless she feels threatened."

He still didn't move from his position of staring at the white fluffy cat so I stuck out my hand and he reluctantly took it. He spent a the whole time covering his eyes as if she'd jump on him. "I-I never thought I'd stroke pussy." He stuttered still scared. I laughed at his little joke which seemed to ease him. "You like jokes, squirt?"

I cocked my head to the side, still holding his hand. "It depends of they're funny or not, and squirt? Really?" I responded and he chuckled. This was way better than a few minutes ago. "Well, you're small, weak and probably easy to dominate. You fit the perfect definition of a 'Squirt'." He nonchalantly replied. Easy to dominate? What the hell did that mean? "Dominate?" I asked and his eyes flashed purple. Weird. "Forget I said anything." He answered with a devious smile. I nodded still confused.

The smell of tomato sauce filled the room and my mouth instantly started to water. Fraener came in with three plates of spaghetti balancing on each arm and handing it to us. I squealed, before stuffing my mouth full of saucy spaghetti. "Don't eat too much, you still need to wear that binder."

I stared at him wide-eyed. "What? Why?" I groaned watching as he popped open his mouth and chewed down on his fork. "Your father wants you to wear it. We have a meeting with the Humans and the Mers." He calmly stated and I groaned. Why a binder of all things?!

"I guess your father wants you to remain your dainty self!" Zaelyn cheered, his mouth full of food. Fraener elbowed and I settled into the pile of many cushions and tucked into my food. I wasn't looking forward to tomorrow. I'll be in constant pain all day and the Mers kinda scare me. The humans are all judgy and set in their own ways. I was definitely not looking forward to seeing Yuvul, but his brother Cosmo was fun to be around.

Once we were done, I fell asleep not caring if the two of them were still on my room.