CHAP 24: DEAR CHANNING, IT'S AN HONOUR TO BE YOUR ONE

Playing with my phone for a little while to kill the time, since it still took Channing 9 more hours to land so then I could call him and tell him I missed him immediately. But for whatever reason, my finger went straight to open up my photo app.

A familiar face popped on my screen as the newest picture that was taken. Oh wait, it was a video, not a photo.

I pressed to open it and his voice appeared:

- Hi baby. – he waved in the video.

- Sorry I am not there next to you. – his wet eyes made me tear up once again.

So fucking annoying. I hate crying!!

- I really wanted to wake you up. I really did. Believe me.

Liar!! You did not!

- But I couldn't because if you were awake and looking at me while I was leaving, I wouldn't even be able to leave your side let alone London. – he scratched the tip of his nose.

This is a habit that Channing always does whenever his nose stings. This was a sign of Channing wanted to cry but had to hold in with all his strength.

It broke my heart every single time he did that. Damn it I missed him.

- So for the sake of my work back in LA, I better don't wake you up. – he sniffed his nose and used his thumb and index finger to massage his eyes.

Well it looked like massaging but actually I knew that he was wiping away the tears that nearly flowed out.

- I know you'd be very angry when you wake up, so I'm telling you I did kiss you a hundred times, hug you for 2 hours straight, and say "I love you" countless times before I leave. Really. Smell yourself if you don't think it's true. You are smelling just like me.

He smiled and that smile broke me down once again. I tried to hold back the tears so freaking bad and just that little smile could break my strength in a tic-tac.

I looked like a mess and stupidly lifted my arm up to my nose to take a sniff of myself.

I couldn't smell his body fragrance! Liar again!

Oh wait. I cried constantly so my nose got stuffed, it's logical that I couldn't smell anything.

- And I know you were very angry when I hired the private plane without telling you. I'm so sorry that I wasted our long-life money. I just thought it was a good idea to have a few last hours with you and our friends before I had to go away again. I just didn't want to share our precious little amount of time with too many people, I wanted it just be a few of us talking and having fun for the last time before we meet again. I'm sorry if that made you angry. I wont repeat the mistake again, I'll try to be a smarter spender and the best husband in the world.

I shouldn't scold at him; his intention was beyond pure and loving. I shouldn't act like a control freak, it's his money after all, he could do whatever the hell he wanted. I shouldn't get angry and keep nagging him on how to spend his money properly.

Channing, baby, I'm the one that had to say sorry. I'm sorry.

- It's very corny but I actually wrote you a letter while you're dreaming about me. You want it?

I nodded vigorously like an idiot and constantly said "yes yes yes yes yes!!" to the Channing in the video. I couldn't wait to see what he wrote, at least I had something to do to kill off some of the 9 more hour flight of Channing's.