CHAP 26: OH! WAIT! WHOSE SANTA IS THIS?

"It's Christmas Day. Boo! Boooooooo! Fuck you Christmas!!!" – my mind screamed.

I don't know what was wrong with me but I had no interest in waking up whatsoever.

- Aunty! Wake up!! – it's my nieces and nephews, they tapped their tiny little hands on my arms and shoulders, and even shook me strongly with their tiny humans' strength that I thought my brain was gonna drop in the floor after those violent shakes.

- Later, ok? – I lazily refused to open my eyes and turned over facing inside the sofa since I had to sleep in the living room.

Because my parents' house didn't have enough rooms for nearly 10 people to come and stay over for Christmas, we had to sleep wherever there were spaces to sleep around the house. We're all family and this is our tradition every year so we used to it.

- But it's Christmas!! – they all excitingly screamed which ached my already dizzy head.

Christmas Eve was hard for me. Yesterday was a very rough day since Channing Tatum wasn't here and I banned myself and him to call each other. I needed our phone off on these important days to celebrate and spend time with our family. Because Everly deserved all of her Father there with her, not just his body there and his head over here, so I thought that was a good idea.

I turn my phone off on every Christmas Day and I didn't think it's that inconvenient for me since people who know me, they know this habit of mine. But somehow yesterday was so freaking incomplete. I couldn't believe it but there was a point yesterday I wanted to cheat, I wanted to open my phone to call Channing because I missed him so bad and I swear it was killing every cell of my being. But you know me, I don't cheat, I'd rather die than break my own rule.

I couldn't eat anything, there was nothing in my stomach and I wanted to vomit every 30-minute. I got everyone worried sick, but our doctor said I was physically stable, nothing was wrong in my body, and after checking everything on me he didn't even know what my problem was. He guessed it might come from my mentality, which might be instable. But deep down inside I knew exactly what was up my ass on that day. It's because thinking about Channing and I couldn't be able to share our first Christmas together destroyed me entirely. Our doctor was right. I was totally crazy.

I yawned out loud and then gave my limbs a good morning stretch, but still stubbornly kept my eyes shut.

After hearing my joints crack from the stretch, I satisfyingly curved myself back into the foetal position again.

- Aunty will wake up on the next Christmas. Now leave her alone. – I talked with my sleeping tone.

I was totally exhausted because I couldn't sleep well last night, and it was just 7:00am in the morning here in London.

- But this Christmas is gonna be so much fun, you will regret it.

- No, thanks. – I boringly replied to someone who just said so.

Whoo.

Wait a minute.

My whole family is British, and one of my brothers in law is Scottish. But the accent of someone who just talked to me was undoubtably American.

It sounded so familiar though. And the warmth from that accent instantly warmed up my whole body in a very cold Christmas day.

No, it couldn't be him. That accent was certainly British, it's just because I missed him so much so my brain interpreted the accent by itself. It was surely said by someone in my family. My brain was fucked from Christmas Eve and the dizziness from yesterday was still remained, and the ears are controlled by the brain as well, so this whole thing was just not trustworthy.