Monkeys (9)

The group of heroes walked off the jet with Loki. Loki was escorted by several agents with guns. The heroes gathered in the conference room. A TV was turned on and Director Fury and Loki were on it. Loki was in a giant glass cage while Fury was outside it.

"In case it's unclear, you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass..." Nick went over to the control panel and hit a button. It caused the floor beneath the cage to open up. "30,000 feet, straight down, in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Fury pressed another button and the floor closed. "Ant." Fury motioned to Loki. "Boot." He motioned to the control panel. Loki laughed. 

"It is an impressive cage." Loki walked around the cage. "Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury said.

"Oh, I've heard." Loki turned to face the camera. "A mindless beast. Makes play he still a man." All eyes turned to Bruce. "And the teenager, who holds so much power but too afraid to use it." All eyes glued to Stiles. "How desperate are you? You call on such lost creatures, to defend you."

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Nick countered.

"Oh. It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract. To have power. Unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. and then to be reminded what real power is." Loki chuckled, sending shivers down Stiles' spine.

"Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something." Fury walked off. The screen became black.

"He really grows on you. Doesn't he?" Bruce smiled.

"Like a bacteria. Slowly eating away everything good." Stiles muttered but everyone heard and chuckled. "Sorry, Thor."

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked.

"He has an army called the Chitauri." Thor said.

"Lovely," Stiles said with fake enthusiasm.

"They're not of Asgard nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." Thor continued.

"An army?" Steve looked over to Natasha. "From outer space."

"So. He's building another portal?" Bruce asked. "That's what he needs Eric Selvig for."

"Selvig?" Thor asked.

"He's an astrophysicist," Bruce said.

"He's a friend," Thor said.

That's a twist.

If you're not telling me what you meant earlier. I'm not talking to you.

"Loki has them under some kind of spell. Along with one of ours." Natasha spoke up.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him." Steve quickly changed the subject. "He's not leading an army from here."

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. "Bruce said. "That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him."

"Have care how you speak," Thor warned. "Loki is beyond reason but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother."

"He killed eighty people in two days." Natasha glared.