Stop thinking (13)

Steve left a while ago. Tony and Steve talked about how S.H.I.E.L.D could be keeping secrets from us. Stiles hadn't thought about that. What if they were? What are they hiding?

Stop thinking. When you get a headache, it means I get one.

What did you mean by I had more power?

Rolls eyes.

Did you just say "rolls eyes?"

Yes, I did. Because I can't physically roll my eyes so I said it.

Stiles started to laugh, earning strange looks from the two scientists.

Stop laughing.

Okay. Okay...Answer my question.

You have other powers, besides what the Tesseract side of you and the fox side of you. You have another side. One I can not determine.

So I'm something else?

Yes.

And I have more power?

Why do you think I chose you? I detected power inside of you. A lot of power. I was curious so I chose you.

Lucky me.

I wanted to apologize for my actions. Before Scott bit us, I wasn't whole. A part of my mind was taken and it caused me to lose my mind. But when Scott bit us, my mind was cleared and I was and am no longer a demon spirit.

Wow, You just come up with that now or did you rehearse that excuse?

I can not excuse my actions but that does not stop me from apologizing. I am so sorry for every action I committed against you and your friends. I am deeply sorry for taking the last of your family away. I hope you can forgive me but if you can not, I except that. I can not leave your mind but I will not speak to you if that is what you wish.

My adoptive father hated me. I loved him but he didn't feel the same. As much as he tried, he couldn't except me. I still miss him. Which is strange.

It is normal to miss someone you cared for.

I wish I didn't.

It will become easier. And I know people say that, but it will. You just have to wake up every day and keep going. You just can't give up. As hard as it may be, you have to keep going. But I am sorry you have to go through that.

Thank you. And I still have Uncle Phil so as long as I have him, I'll be okay.

Alarms went off. Tony went over to a giant computer screen, smirking.

"What are you doing, Mr, Stark?" Director Fury asked, stalking into the lab.

"Uh... kinda been wondering the same thing, about you," Tony said, scanning over the tablet.

He hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D's files.

Yes, he did.

I think he hacked into everything. I just hacked into our files. Fury's gonna be pissed!

"You're supposed to be locating the whereabouts of the Tesseract." Fury scolded.

"I was thinking of using the kid." Tony pointed to Stiles.

"But, the model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature, now. When we get a hit, we'll have a location within half a mile." Bruce said, covering for Tony.