The talk (11)

I'm well aware of how the title sounds and I love it. Therefore, I'm not changing it because I've been laughing for twenty minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The door opened, revealing Loki in his cage.

Take a breath. Calm your heart beat.

Stiles took a breath and stepped in. He walked around to the control panel and waited. Loki chuckled.

"There's not many people who can sneak up on me." Loki turned.

"But you figured I'd come," Stiles said.

"After," Loki said. Stiles turned his head to the side, like a confused puppy.

You're turning into Scott.

"After whatever tortures Fury can concoct. You appear as a friend, as a balm. And I would cooperate."

"I'm not a friend." Stiles sarcastically smiled. "I want to know what you've done to Agent Barton."

"I would say I've expanded his mind." Loki smiled.

"And once you've won, once your king of the mountain," Stiles walked closer to the cage. "What happens to his mind?"

"That doesn't matter." Loki smiled. "What matters is you. Or what you are."

"What I am?' Stiles laughed. "What do you mean?"

"Mieczyslaw 'Stiles' Stilinski." Loki chuckled. Stiles wore a confused face, tilting his head to the side once again. The nogistune chuckled, in Stiles head.

"Congratulations. You looked me up." Stiles fake smiled.

Stiles...

Loki smirked. "When you were younger you could not say your true name. The closest you were was Mischief. Ironic." Loki's smirk widened.

Stiles, we need to leave now.

"What are you planning to do with Agent Barton?" Stiles pressed.

"I will answer your question once you answer mine." Loki's smirk never disappeared.

Stiles. Think about-

"You could have talked to anyone else. Why me?" Stiles asked.

"You have something I want to know more about." Loki vaguely answered. "Now. Will you answer my questions?"

"Fine," Stiles said. "What do you want to know?"

"Your life story, of course." Loki smiled. Stiles huffed.

"I don't see the relevance but fine. When I was younger I was adopted by a young woman and a young man, who could not have children. One night they heard a knock and they found me. I was left on their doorstep, alone, with a note, saying my name. Like you, my parents found me and took me in. I grew up thinking they were my actual parents. My adoptive mother died in a car accident. My adoptive father blamed me. Our relationship never healed. Then a few years later, he died." Stiles finished.

"Oh, you left one detail out," Loki smirked. "The nogistune. You're going to have to be honest if we continue this." Stiles looked up at the camera, in the corner. Wondering if they were listening. "Do they know?" Stiles turned his attention to Loki's smirking face. "What you did?"

"I don't know." Stiles sighed.

But they're about to find out.

"My Junior year of High School, I was possessed by a demon. A fox, trickster spirit. The nogistune. I killed three hundred and sixty-seven people, at one hospital. I stabbed my best friend with a metal pipe. I put his girlfriend and my friend in a coma. I kidnapped another one of my friends and I killed my adoptive father." Stiles whispered.